The Flathead Lake International Cinemafest will be celebrating its 8th year of presenting a broad slate of domestic and international films from January 24 – 26, 2020. Whether you’re a filmmaker or a film lover, make plans to enter and/or attend this exciting winter event in picturesque Polson, Montana, nestled at the base of the largest natural freshwater lake by area west of the Mississippi in the contiguous United States.
Awards: Lucite awards for Best of 13 categories. Winners, nominated films, and Audience Awards are presented at Sunday's FLIC Awards Show. Award winners are showcased on the FLIC website and Facebook page. Screened films receive recognition through the screening schedule and encore screenings the week following the festival. All official selection films will receive a digital FLIC laurels file.
Seventh Annual Flathead Lake International Cinemafest (FLIC) January 25 - 27, 2019.
• Programs may be up to 130 minutes in length. We don’t discriminate: shorts, features, documentaries, animation, film, and video—all are welcome submissions.
• Submissions may be sent via web in HD formats, or via mail on a thumb drive. (Downloads from Vimeo are common and films are also sent via WeTranfer.com, ftp, etc.) FLIC prefers files for feature length films not to exceed 6GB file size. There are many compression codecs that permit quality film presentation in limited file sizes. Visit Vimeo.com for compression suggestions and guidelines. About 90% of the films projected at FLIC originated online and are downloaded. Most come to us as .MP4 files.
• DVD or Bluray submissions are NO LONGER accepted or screened. All films must be submitted as a digital video file, which we convert to DCP file for presentation.
• If submitting by mail, print your name or the name of the production company (if applicable), movie title, program length, date of production, and phone number on your thumb drive or the like.
• Official selection filmmakers are welcome to send any film promotional materials (i.e. posters, flyers, publicity stills).
• Official selection filmmakers must also submit three (3) stills/screenshots from their film to be included in promotional material and the printed screening program. FLIC reserves the right to choose from among submitted photos for publicity release, or, if none are suitable, to select our choice of screenshot to promote the film in our marketing and print products.
• There is no compensation for the showing of your film. Please do not enter and then require a screening fee if your film is selected.
• Only G, PG, and PG-13 approximate-rating films will be reviewed for consideration. Occasional exceptions are made on a film-by-film basis at the judges' discretion.
• FLIC is a celebration of the cinema arts, and, as such, reserves the right not to select films which in the opinion of the judges are not suitable for all age groups, or are abrasively controversial and/or politically divisive. The judging panel will include representatives of the filmmaking, and business community. All judging is confidential; all decisions are final.
• Applicant must have rightful ownership or permission to all submitted content including music.
• You have the choice as to whether your film is shown in or out of competition. To clarify, if you prefer your official selection film screen without being judged or awarded, you may elect to do so. By default, selected films are adjudicated and eligible for awards.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: Because it takes a lot of time and effort to schedule, publish programs, otherwise publicize, and juggle all the other logistics of producing a film festival, upon notification that your film is an official FLIC selection, you will have seven days to notify FLIC if you wish to pull your film from the festival. If FLIC has not heard from you within seven days of your official selection notification, your film will be shown in the festival and you will not be permitted to remove it from the screening schedule, even if another film festival requires exclusivity. This is nonnegotiable. If you have any doubts about your ability to follow through and participate in screenings, please be advised of this policy. Thank you for your understanding.
• If your film is selected, the version of the film you submit will be the version screened. FLIC does not accept changes or edits to be made to the film after official selections have been made. Work-in-progress films should not be submitted if a filmmaker is not okay with the film screening as submitted. Thanks!
• Complete entry form.
• Non-refundable entry fees:
Films less than 30 minutes – $25.00
Films 30 minutes and above – $35.00
FLIC Jr. entries – $15.00
• All submission fees go to the Flathead Lake International Cinemafest, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. If paying by check please make checks payable to FLIC and send to:
Flathead Lake International Cinemafest
P.O. Box 5
Polson, MT 59860