EFO or Experimental Film Odyssey is currently an online event produced by Flintlock Syndicate Productions. Its purpose is to celebrate fine art filmmakers and their unique visions in experimental and fine art film via streaming. Examples of these types of films would be the works of Stan Brakhage, Maya Derren, David Lynch or Guy Maddin to name a few.
*EFO has the goal of hosting in person events and or screenings as well as we progress forward.
"The goal with EFO is to bring filmmakers from around the globe together in a unique way in order to showcase and enjoy films in the experimental, fine art, and avant garde genres that many have never seen or heard of. The hope being to provide a unique experience while seeing today's top experimental filmmakers," says festival director, Jason Brasier.
DIGITAL Certificate, studio artist 5.5 license, criterion channel gift card. other cinema dvd
BEST IN SHOW
DIGITAL Certificate, studio artist 5.5 license, criterion channel gift card. Screening and interview as part of EFO/Talkz
other prizes will be given. Stay tuned for updates!
All Films must be experimental in nature. This can be abstract, narrative and or documentary. We also accept works of video art, essay films, cinematic poetry and experimental documentary films.
Films must not be over 15 minutes
Film must be downloadable via FilmFreeway. If your film is password protected, please send the password to the festival director.
Selection for the festival does not guarantee screening during the festival. We may contact you for permission to include your film in special film event nights as festival selections.
• Entry Fees are non-refundable
• You may submit for multiple categories, but each Submission requires an entry fee
• Your submission will be eligible for each award available in the category or categories in which you choose with your entry.
• Content Submitters must be 18 years or older
• No pornography
• Submissions must be the intellectual property of the submitter, and/or their team. No proxy submissions are allowed. By submitting to Experimental Film Odyssey, you confirm that you hold the rights to (or are authorized to use) any and all audio and video in your experimental film.
• Experimental Short
• Experimental Documentary Short
• Cinematic Poetry
• Video Art
• Essay Short