EDIFF is an exciting not-for-profit international dance film festival for the UK's South West. Set in the heart of Exeter, this full day and evening event brims with world-class independent dance films.
Exeter Dance International Film Festival has grown from the desire to see more high quality dance films being showcased and championed in the South West. From hip hop to ballroom, bollywood to contemporary, EDIFF has something for everyone. We are dance film enthusiasts looking to showcase and support authentic art.
The Hall is an arts venue where history and modernity collide. Located on Stepcote Hill in Exeter's ancient West Quarter, it has long been the home of artists and free thinkers. EDIFF is continuing that long tradition by screening the festival from this distinguished location. Complete with seating for 100 people, world-class projection and sound, optional use of headsets for the immersive experience, a bar and even popcorn - this is the perfect setting for you to screen your film with us.
Our online event will run for a week after the live event, showcasing all official selection films. There will be 2 scheduled zoom mixer sessions during this week for filmmakers to meet each other and network.
Guest curators will award one winner plus honourable mentions in each category, plus additional awards for: choreography, dancer, location, editing, cinematography, costume, soundtrack/music, concept, and Film of the Festival.
Some filmmakers will have the opportunity for their films to be shown on a specially curated EDIFF season of Discover Indie Film TV, which airs on Amazon Prime! Films to be chosen by the Festival Director after the festival run.
• Films will be selected based on their quality, authenticity and fit with EDIFF's ethos. The Judges' decision is final.
• All entries must have been completed since 1st January 2021
• All foreign language films must have embedded English subtitles or they cannot be considered
• All films must have an online screener
• Please do not submit films that you have previously submitted to us
• Filmmakers are responsible for acquiring copyright for any music featured in their films, as well as copyrights, licenses and releases for any other media used in their films. The participant guarantees that they are the holder of all usage rights necessary for the screening of their film at our events
• Filmmakers retain the rights to their films
• By submitting their films, filmmakers give EDIFF the right to share on all of our social media any posters, trailers, website and other links associated with the film
• Official Selections will be screened at our live event on October 14 2023 and/or in our online event October 16 - 22 2023
• Entry fees are non-refundable
• Maximum run times are shown within each category
• EDIFF reserves the right to transfer films into a different category to the one(s) submitted to
• Submissions are accepted exclusively online via FilmFreeway
• EDIFF reserves the right to refuse any film copy that is not deemed by our technicians to be of an acceptable quality for public screening
• No recordings of live performances will be accepted