European Film Festival Integration You and Me is completely devoted to disability. It will take place for the 20th time this year. For more than a decade this event has paved the way for the topic of disability in the media, culture and social space – not only in Koszalin, but also around Poland and Europe. The Festival has also been an inspiration for several dozen organizations and foundations organizing Small Festivals You and Me in over 45 places around Poland. We have been three times in the European Parliament and in London, in 2015 we've also visited Italy, Spain, Croatia and Lithuania.
We have a devout audience and friends in Poland and abroad. We cooperate with foundations, associations, organizations working for the integration of the disabled. We integrate through art – mainly films, however in the Festival’s program we incorporate also music, theatre, photography, visual arts and lately performance and happening. We present the disabled artists, their achievements, successes and talents.
We talk about barriers and break them. We invite amazing people to Koszalin allowing the Festival’s audience to meet fantastic film makers, sportspeople and artists. We are most proud of Discussions Without Barriers during which there are no incorrect questions and simple answers, we talk without taboo but always with respect and understanding. Some meetings take place in schools in Koszalin and in a Correctional Facility in Koszalin. We uncover topics which are forgotten in the public discussion, sometimes they are difficult and controversial – sport, sexuality, parenthood.
Although the Festival’s leitmotif changes every year, the main idea is still up-to-date and fresh: working for the integration of the disabled and the society, which is working for humanism in its deepest meaning.
Butterfly Award for the best documentary film
Butterfly Awards for the best feature film
he film contest regulations
20th European Film Festival Integration You and Me
1. The 20th edition of the European Film Festival Integration You and Me
will be held between 5th and 09th September 2023.
2. The Festival is organised by: Socio-Cultural Society of Koszalin and
Joachim Lelewel's Public Library of Koszalin.
The aim of the Festival is to promote documentaries, feature and amateur
films dealing with various aspects of disability.
The Festival consists of the following contests:
1. the contest of feature films
2. the contest of documentaries
3. the contest of amateur films. A film should be made by the disabled
or with their substantial creative and organisational help of the
disabled. The film does not have to deal with the problematicity of
disability – there is a free choice of the topic.
Films submitted for the contest must fulfill the following conditions:
1. They must meet artistic criteria qualifying them for the contest
(match the formula of the Festival).
2. Running time limits:
a) documentary and feature films - no limit,
b) amateur films - up to 10 minutes.
3. Films must be produced between 2021 and 2023.
4. Formats and carriers:
a) Blu-ray Video (bd or mp4, 1920 x 1080, 16:9 (pixel aspect ratio
1.4568), PAL (25 fps)),
b) DVD Video (mpeg2 or mp2, 720 x 576, 16:9 (pixel aspect ratio 1.4568),
PAL (25 fps)),
c) DCP (Digital Cinema Package).
a) mp4 file (codec h.264), 1920 x 1080, 16:9 (pixel aspect ratio
1.4568), PAL (25 fps),
b) mp2 file (mpeg2 or mp2, codec dv or h.264), 720 x 576, 16:9 (pixel
aspect ratio 1.4568), PAL (25 fps).
1. In order to be considered for selection there must be filled an
application form available on website http://integracjatyija.pl and then
sent to the Festival office’s address, accompanied with a DVD Video or
Blu-ray Disc. All movies must be submitted with English subtitles and a
dialogue list in English.
2. Films together with promotional materials (a poster, photos from the
film in an electronic form, the director's dossier, a synopsis, a
trailer) must be submitted till 1st May 2023.
3. The Selection Committee of the Festival decides if a particular film
may enter the contest.
4. Postal costs of sending an application are covered by a consignor.
1. Submitted films will be awarded by the Jury which will consist of the
representatives of the film industry and the disabled people from an
artistic circle .
2. The Jury will award honorary prizes – statues of the “Butterfly 2023”
- in the following categories:
a) The best documentary film,
b) The best feature film,
c) The best amateur film.
3. Organizers have the right to grant additional awards, including
1. An applicant agrees on a free-of-charge use of four screenings of the
film during the Festival or for promotional or educational purposes.
2. 2.Organizers of the Festival reserve the right to organize
free-of-charge film screenings during activities in 16 study and local
cinemas in Poland.
3. In case of a compulsory shutdown of cinemas, Organizers of the
Festival reserve the right to organize free-of-charge on-line film
screenings. Organizers covenant to agree the date of such screening with
a producer or a distributor in advance.
The applicant states that:
1. He is the author and creator of the submitted film and his work of
art is original and creative.
2. Only the applicant has all unlimited rights for the film described in
§ 4, including the right to use the film concerning copyright and
neighbouring rights and that the applicant's rights as an author are not
in any way limited by the third party, which would limit or disable
submitting the film to the Festival.
3. The work of art is fully original, it does not infringe the copyright
of the third party, it is free from any borrowings and there are no
circumstances which could expose the organiser of the Festival to
responsibility towards the third party because of the use of the film.
4. The applicant states that the statement in §8 of the Contest Rules
and Regulations is true and it authorises the organiser of the Festival
to use the statement and pass it to the third party.
The applicant states that:
„I hereby agree for processing personal information by the organisers of
the Festival for the purposes of the organisation of the Festival in
accordance with the Contest rules and regulations of the Festival, and
for the disclosure of my personal data by the organisers of the Festival
to entities authorised to publicise the information. I state that I have
been informed that revealing my personal data is voluntary and that I
have the right to access and correct the data”.
1. The applicant states and guarantees that the people shown in the film
have agreed to show them, especially on the Internet and during
screenings at the Festival and its accompanying events.
2. The applicant is fully responsible for the content of the film and a
possible infringement of the rights of the third party.
3. The application to the Festival means acceptance of the rules and