European Cinefest Golden Nika is a film competition focusing on international independent cinema.
ECGN is located in the Heart of Europe – Germany, being one of the most beautiful and diverse coutries in the world.
Our mission is to create a platform where both experienced and new filmmakers can share their art and connect to diverse audiences.
We seek to showcase and honor innovative and exciting voices in the European and international film communities. With ten categories, our goal is to recognize a large and diverse selection of films from all genres and from all over the world.
2019 the best films from each category will be screened on one of the most beautiful venues of Potsdam, THALIA CINEMA, a place with longstanding tradition for independent film lovers. The Thalia has always been one of the most exciting cinemas in Potsdam. This is the place for controversial discoveries and heated debate.
Films will be judged by a jury of film industry professionals, that will look for powerful and innovative ideas, creativity, talent and quality, regardless of the experience of those involved in the creation process and the budget of the submitted works.
The GOLDEN NIKA AWARD for Most Exceptional Film.
Winners will receive the notable
The EUROPEAN CINEFEST AWARDS TROPHY
which will be engraved with your details in:
Best FEATURE FILM
Best SHORT FILM
Best STUDENT FILM
Best EXPERIMENTAL FILM
Best MUSIC VIDEO
Best DRONE FILM
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
2018 Awards include:
$1000, $ 700 & $500 prizes to winners in:
Best FEATURE FILM ($1000)
Best SHORT FILM ($700)
Best DOCUMENTARY ($500)
1. All non-English films must have English subtitles.
2. Rules and terms are subject to change at the discretion of the Film Festival.
3. Make sure all licenses are cleared and in order before submitting. We are not liable to copyright infringement.
4. The entry fee is not refundable.
5. We only accept online screeners.
6. All films must have been made in or after 2010.
7. By submitting, the filmmaker allows to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website (we will NOT publish your film on our website!).