The Eugene Environmental Film Festival believes in creating space and a platform to address and bring light to critical issues facing our planet. We support the work being done at local and global levels and share a deep connection and responsibility to protect the environment and work in solidarity with others in the struggle for environmental justice.
We do this through creating a 10 day event with meaningful and inspiring films, discussion, speakers, workshops, and special events starting the last weekend of September and ending the first weekend of October in downtown Eugene. We will screen all films twice. We also strive to provide opportunities to connect participants with outlets to take action on environmental and social justice issues.
We seek to raise awareness of all that is the environment globally and locally. We aim to provide a holistic perspective concerning the ways that we enjoy the environment; to understand the ways the environment feeds and nourishes us; to address the exploitation and harm to the environment; and to explore ways that we resist and protect the environment. Our vision is to raise awareness and inspire positive change.
Eugene is an ideal location to host an environmental film festival. We have great access to the outdoors with 10,000 ft. peaks to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Many people who live here are socially conscious about and active in environmental issues. There are numerous environmentally-based non-profits located in Eugene tackling issues such as food justice, local to global changes in laws and policies , sustainability, and environmental justice. Eugene is the birth place of Our Children's Trust, which is an organization to empower the voice of youth to protect the environment. And the City of Eugene has multiple sustainability initiatives.
If your film is chosen for the 2023 film festival we aim to provide complimentary lodging at a homestay, film festival passes, and access to special events. In addition, filmmakers have an opportunity to discuss your film at screenings and special events. This is a great opportunity for filmmakers to promote their work, inspire change, and network with others.
In addition, we carve out space for young filmmakers 18 years and younger. The purpose is to highlight youth involvement in, concern for, and protection of the environment.
We are a small group of dedicated volunteers and look forward to your participation in next year's Eugene Environmental Film Festival.
"Best of Festival" (young filmmaker, short, feature length)
"People's Choice Awards"
1. Entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway.
2. Entries selected into our 2023 festival grants the Eugene Environmental Film Festival the right to screen accepted films and to use film stills and portions of accepted films for promotional purposes.
3. Filmmakers must have the intellectual property rights and distribution rights to submit a film.
4. It is the responsibility of the artist(s) to obtain rights and permission for use of music, and all other creative work related to their films prior to entering the Eugene Environmental Film Festival. EugEvoFF is not responsible for any infringement of such rights.
5. Non-English entries must be submitted with English subtitles.
6. Filmmakers will be contacted about selection status by July 1, 2023.
7. Trailers and promotional materials for accepted films are due by July 15th, 2023.
8. Final screening copies of accepted films must arrive no later than August 1st, 2023, or the entry will not be included in the festival.
9. Filmmakers are responsible for shipping costs to the festival.
10. All copies of the films become the property of the Eugene Environmental Film Festival unless otherwise noted.
11. EugEvoFF is not responsible for the loss or damage of any film.
12. Please include the following with your entry:
a. A short director's biography.
b. A short film/video synopsis.
c. All submissions must include your name, email, title of the film, and running time.