The Esoteric International Film Festival collects the best esoteric films from around the world, which were created both by professionals and by enthusiasts, and helps to get them across to the audience.
We admit only the esoteric films, both modern and historical ones. As well as those films, where esoteric world is an important part of the synopsis.
Esoteric International Film Festival invite filmmakers who make films and documentaries about all transcendental world, mysticism, ghosts and human spirits, brownies and witches, fairies and sorcerers, exorcism and parapsychology, telekinesis and transmission of thoughts at a distance, prophetic dreams and premonitions, alchemy, amulets, mystery, non-traditional religious cults, voodoo religion, animism, shamanism, theosophy and anthroposophy, the hidden edges of reality and other dimensions; self-discovery, the search for the meaning of life, the search for yourself in this world and your mission, opportunity to live in peace with ourselves, personal growth and fulfilment, care for our planet, reaching the human potential, life after death, human energy, chakras, aura, meditation, yoga, retreats, spiritual practices, spiritual teachers and ashrams, reincarnation and the recollection of past lives, the power of thoughts and the work of the subconscious; alternative medicine and non-standard methods of treatment, the universal mind, the energies of the new time, high vibrations, etc.
All films must be in English (or Russian). Alternatively, have the English (or Russian) subtitles (with the exception of all films without words), regardless of the country of production.
All best films that were selected for the vscreening, will be shown on the big screen during the solemn final ceremony on February 25 - 28, 2021 in Moscow, Russia and will be able to struggle for the main prize and the title of the "Best Esoteric film". As well as for the prizes in the standalone nominations.
The organizers assume the expenses connected with invitation of the author of the selected for the main competition film to Moscow on a period of three days and partly cover the expenses on the road. Participants of program can be accommodated in a festival hotel for three days.
Best Esoteric Feature Film
Best Esoteric Short Film
Best Esoteric Long Documentary
Best Esoteric Short Documentary
Best Esoteric Music Video
Best Esoteric TV Pilot / Web Series
Best Esoteric Animated Short
Please read these rules & regulations for submission very carefully PRIOR to submitting your film for consideration. By submitting your film to Esoteric International Film Festival, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these conditions.
– We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.
– By sending your film to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer will be uploaded to our website and our pages in social networks. Your trailer will remain on the website of our Festival until you do not request to delete it.
– You grant the permission to use the trailer, texts and photos that are relevant to the film to advertise the film on TV, online, in printed press. This will help us to inform broad audiences about your film.
– All films must be in English (or Russian). Alternatively, have the English (or Russian) subtitles, regardless of the country of production.
– There is no limit as to how many films a Film Maker can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
– You may submit as many films as you like, but you must pay the appropriate submission fee in full for each film.
– Submission fees are non-refundable.
– Waivers or discounts on submission fees are not offered.
– Incorrectly completed entry forms, or missing information may lead to the disqualification of your submission.
– Esoteric International Film Festival does not accept submissions sent by email or physical submissions sent by mail. Submission will accepted through submission partners.
– Do not send a press kit or other supporting materials unless asked to do so by the festival.
– There are no premiere requirements. Your film may have screened before.
– Films that have distribution are still eligible for submission.
– Films that have been broadcast on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
– All documentary, animation, fiction films, created by professionals and enthusiasts not earlier than January 1, 2011 are welcome to participate in the contest.
– Our jury screens films PRIVATELY (meaning: it's not a public screening!). Only officially selected films we'll screen at our annual event. Where one film from each category will be awarded.
– All films which are selected / nominated for the competition or Festival, will be informed only by emails & listed on festival web site.
– No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non selected films. The decision off festival selection committee will be final.
– Esoteric International Film Festival will communicate all details through email communications only, so please give authorizes email and respond to emails asap. No phone call inquires.