* We may have to go online this year due to Covid-19. It may become a HYBRID festival with a mixture of physical and online screenings. Or it may be online completely. If you are still happy to submit your films, great! We would love to watch them! If not, no worries! and maybe see you next year! *
WELCOME TO THE DUBLIN INTERNATIONAL COMEDY FILM FESTIVAL DICFF!!!
WE ARE THE HOME OF COMEDY FILMS HERE IN THE HEART OF DUBLIN CITY CENTRE, IRELAND.
BASED AT THE BEAUTIFUL GENERATOR INTERNATIONAL HOSTEL ON SMITHFIELD SQUARE, WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL HAVE THE MOST COMFORTABLE & FUN TIME VIEWING YOUR OWN & OTHER FILMMAKERS COMEDIC WORKS OF GENIUS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE!
DICFF WILL TAKE PLACE ON DECEMBER 3RD & 4TH 2021 AT THE GENERATOR HOSTEL CINEMA
ALONG WITH SOME GREAT FILMS, WE WILL HAVE STAND-UP COMEDIANS FROM DUBLIN PERFORMING EVERY NIGHT AND AN AWARDS CEREMONY ON THE LAST NIGHT DECEMBER 4TH.
DICFF is about celebrating comedy in film.
So often comedy is overlooked in favour of drama. Drama is in fact easier to write, direct and perform.
Comedy is much more difficult and you know if you've succeeded or failed by how many laughs you get!
So, DICFF is here to ensure comedy gets it's due. We want to support our comedic storytellers and celebrate your craft.
THE ELAINE MAY & RICHARD PRYOR BEST OF FEST AWARD
(This award is decided well before the fest kicks off. It is a film that is HILARIOUS & has been built from the ground up by a filmmaker we admire greatly.)
THE MAEVE HIGGINS AWARD FOR BEST IRISH FEATURE
THE FRENCH & SAUNDERS AWARD FOR BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE
THE DEIRDRE O'KANE AWARD FOR SPECIAL MENTION
THE AISLING BEA AWARD FOR BEST IRISH SHORT FILM
THE SEINFELD AWARD FOR BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT
THE LUCILLE BALL AWARD FOR BEST ACTOR MALE & FEMALE
THE LARRY DAVID AWARD FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR, MALE & FEMALE
THE MICHAELA COEL AWARD FOR BEST DIRECTION
THE FLEABAG AWARD FOR BEST SCREENPLAY
THE MELISSA MCCARTHY AWARD FOR BEST DEBUT DIRECTOR
THE DAVE CHAPELLE AWARD FOR BEST SOUND DESIGN
THE CHARLIE CHAPLIN AWARD FOR BEST COMPOSER
THE AMY & TINA AWARD FOR BEST EDITOR
THE SHARON HORGAN AWARD FOR BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
THE MARIA BAMFORD AWARD FOR BEST IRISH WEB-SERIES
THE CHRIS ROCK AWARD FOR BEST INTERNATIONAL WEB-SERIES
THE AMY SCHUMER AWARD FOR BEST IRISH SKETCH
THE WHOOPI GOLDBERG AWARD FOR BEST INTERNATIONAL SKETCH
Thank you for submitting your film or screenplay (SUBMISSION) to the Dublin International Comedy Film Festival (DICFF). We are excited to review your work.
IT HARDLY NEEDS STATING BUT FILMS MUST BE FUNNY
FILMS MADE AFTER JAN 2017 MAY APPLY
SHORT FILMS NO LONGER THAN 20 MINS.
By submitting your SUBMISSION to DICFF you agree to the following:
(1) Submitting a SUBMISSION does not guarantee inclusion in the DICFF, and the selection committee has sole discretion to determine which SUBMISSIONS are selected for participation in the DICFF;
(2) If your SUBMISSION is selected for the DICFF, you will allow DICFF to use any part of the SUBMISSION for promotional purposes before, during and after the DICFF, and the right to present your SUBMISSION as part of the DICFF.
(3) DICFF does not compensate for any costs associated with the production of the SUBMISSION, or travel costs associated with attending the DICFF;
(4) DICFF reserves the right to schedule accepted SUBMISSIONS and to make any changes at any time, and may withdraw any SUBMISSION from the DICFF at any time for any reason;
(5) All film SUBMISSIONS must be online screeners only.
(6) All film SUBMISSIONS that are selected to screen at the DICFF must be digital. To ensure best quality at the screening, digital versions are best.
(7) Filmmakers and screenwriters are solely responsible to ensure all deadlines are adhered to, and shall hold DICFF harmless for any delays or technical difficulties whatsoever;
(8) Filmmakers and screenwriters warrant that all work is original and that all rights have been secured;
(9) Filmmakers and screenwriters shall indemnify and hold harmless the Dublin International Comedy Film Festival and all its agents from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages incurred in any way due to any and all claims.
(10) Awards will be presented in categories identified by DICFF and judging will be done by the judging committee; with the exception of awards for Best of Festival, which will be based on audience votes. DICFF reserves the right to rescind any award for any reason.