It's happening! Drunken Film Fest is thrilled to return to Oakland for its fifth year! Drunken Film Fest is a FREE, week-long festival of local & international films, music videos, and documentaries screened at The Town's best bars! We're here to make the film festival experience available to everyone without sacrificing any of the quality of major festival programming, so all screenings are free and open to the public. Send us your work to help get Oakland "drunk on film"!
Last year we were overjoyed to return to our bars, as well as the parking lot that helped made the 2020 fest possible, to hold a wonderful and safe in-person festival; it was so much fun! We also did the hybrid thing, bringing most of the films to movie friends near and far via the wonders of modern technology. All. For. FREEEEEE!
For DFFO '22 envisioning more of the same, great films in great places with great people all around!
The Award winners in all categories (US Narrative, World Narrative, Documentary, Local, Avant Garde, Animation, Music Video) will receive a custom-made copy of their film on sparkling, crisp VHS, box art and all!
1. All entries must be through FilmFreeway.
2. All films must be available to be screened in the United States and be free of licensing fees.
3. All films must be available as an h.264 .mp4 or pro res .mov.
4. All films must have been completed after 01 January 2021.
5. No more than 3 submissions per person, without prior approval. Submitting more than 3 films without approval will result in immediate disqualification.
6. Submissions must not be freely available online at time of entry (excepting music videos).
7. Films made in languages other than English must include subtitles.
8. Please include copy of Student ID with all student film submissions.
9. By entering Drunken Film Fest Oakland, you give the organizers of the festival permission to screen your film and to use any promotional stills or descriptions for festival advertising.