Dragonfly Film Fest is dedicated to the art of documentaries & shorts. Social awareness, Advocacy, Diversity in film are celebrated here!
We had a fantastic FIRST year and we are ready to roll and really look forward to year two.
We will be accepting ANY LENGTH DOCUMENTARIES any topic, any focus, any style and all other genres 40 MINUTES OR LESS in our SHORTS category!
Funky and hip and smart, we believe!
In December 2018 through January 2019 in the beautiful state of ARIZONA, we will host a series of live screenings and hand out hand crafted awards by a local artist!
Also, our festival will send you feedback from our judges if you request.
This was a big hit last year and will now become a tradition.
Program details will be based upon film selections.
Thank you for checking us out, and truly look forward to SEEING your films!
Handcrafted awards created by a local artist will be awarded in certain categories.
Categories will be announced at a later date.
1. SHORTS must be NO longer than 40 minutes including credits, any genre.
2. DOCUMENTARIES can be any length.
3. We love films highlighting a social justice or human rights issues.
4. All experience levels may enter.
5. No torture scenes or pornographic material, Rated R or below only.
6. All entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway, NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. Films accepted into Dragonfly Fest MUST be able to deliver the full film file via a downloadable link or a zip drive within 3 days of notification or the accepted film will become disqualified.
8. Dragonfly Fest reserves the right to disqualify ANY entry for ANY reason at the full discretion of the event organizers and/or judges.
9. Any film selected for screening will qualify the film for one free pass to the assigned film block. Discounted tickets for remaining crew will be considered.
10. Any selected film makers present during the screening will be allowed and encouraged to participate in a Q & A during their film block.