WE DO NOT OFFER FEE WAIVERS!!!
Created to encourage content creators from unique backgrounds to share their stories during the Cannes Film Festival, the independent Diversity in Cannes Short Film & Web Series Showcase will promote the work of diverse (thought, race, gender, age, religion, physical ability and sexual orientation) filmmakers and recognize them globally for their achievements in film.
The top 10 to 18 films & web series from ALL eligible entries as determined by Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes and its partners will be ANNOUNCED LIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA during the official selection press conference the week of April 15, 2019.
These films will be considered in competition (official selections) and screened during the Diversity in Cannes Short Film & Webseries Showcase in May 2019 at an independent event during the Cannes Film Festival.
Showcase winners will be determined by jury and announced at an awards reception immediately following the Showcase.
While the events take place in France at the same time as the Cannes Film Festival the Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase is an INDEPENDENT EVENT!!!
Prizes for General Showcase Winners are meant to promote filmmakers, expand their network, assist with career advancement and to prepare for future projects.
2018 Prizes (2 Winners)
* 2019 prizes subject to change*
* One hour consultation (in person/phone/video conference) with a CBS Entertainment
Diversity executive as well as pitch preparation and script coverage for TV script, if
* Agent meeting with Tracy Christian of TCA Agency.
* Agent meeting with Claire Best of Claire Best and Associates.
* Mentorship meeting (in person/phone/video conference) with Writer Janine Sherman
Barrois, executive producer "Claws" TNT (former writer and co-executive producer of
* Mentorship meeting with 2015 Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase Winner Pete
Chatmon (Director" Black-ish", "Grown-ish", "GreenLeaf", "Insecure", "The Last OG",
"Grey's Anatomy", "American Ko-Ko".
* Career Coaching Session with Producer/Director Angi Bones EVP of BobbCat Films
(formerly of Tyler Perry Studios)
* Legal consultation/contract review with entertainment attorney Nathan Hale Williams
* Complimentary graphics package from Electric Heart Media valued at $500.
* Complimentary submission to the UK’s TriForce Short Film Festival.
* Complimentary Submission to the 2019 Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase
* One hour festival, PR or social media strategy consultation with entertainment
* List of global film initiatives
* Link to winning film or trailer on the Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes website,
Facebook, Youtube and Twitter Pages (as appropriate).
* Guest on Diversity in Cannes’ Twitter Trailer Tuesday where we’ll share your films
trailer and discuss your current and future projects.
* Global exposure via press release announcing winners of the Diversity in Cannes Short
Film & Webseries Showcase.
* Film screened at the Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes Pre-Cannes Film Festival
Information Session and US Screening Series Q1 2019 in the US (Los Angeles, New York
* Diversity in Cannes Short Film & Webseries Showcase certificate.
WE DO NOT OFFER FEE WAIVERS!!!!
ALL PROJECTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PRIMARY CATEGORIES:
ALL "BEST" CATEGORIES (BEST ACTRESS, ACTOR, ETC) ARE OPTIONAL AND SECONDARY!!!
PROJECTS SUBMITTED WITHOUT A PRIMARY CATEGORY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WITH NO REFUND!!!!
There is no limit to the number of entries as long as they meet requirements below.
* must be submitted by April 1, 2019
* must be the work of a diverse filmmaker or tell a diverse story
* must be under 20 minutes including credits
* must have English subtitles if shot in another language
* must not contain pornography
* must not contain racist, sexist, offensive or defamatory statements
* must not cause harm to anyone
* must not be an invasion of privacy
* must have complete rights to film’s content
* must have a copyright owner who is at least 18 years of age
* must be copyright free
* must be original work and not based, in whole or in part on material, fictional or nonfiction, produced or un-produced, published or unpublished, unless such material was originally created and published/produced by the applicant in another medium and not based
Judging to Determine Finalists
All entries received during the open call for entries will be reviewed by the festival administrator for eligibility and compliance with the entry requirements. Following the festival administrator’s review, eligible entries will be made available for judging by a screening committee of Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes partners. Films will be judged on the elements below and competition films will be selected from all eligible entries. Decision of the screening committee is final!
* Creativity and Originality
* Production Value
* Sound Music
* Overall Impression
Top 10 to 18 films from ALL eligible entries as determined by Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes and its partners will be considered in competition and screened during the Diversity in Cannes Short Film & WebSeries Showcase in May 2019 at an independent event during the Cannes Film Festival.
Winners will be determined by jury and announced at an awards reception immediately following the Showcase.
By agreeing to showcase your work with Diversity in Cannes Short Film & Web Series Showcase, you agree to the following:
* Diversity in Cannes Short Film & Web Series Showcase & Awards is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
* All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
* Applicant claims all liability and damages in relation to any screening of applicant's submission to which applicant does not hold complete rights to its content.
* Applicant is responsible for clearing all rights to the content of the film prior to exhibition.
* Applicant grants DIC Short Film & Web Series Showcase the right to use excerpts from accepted films including audio, video, names and images to promote the festival.
* The rights-holder allows the DIC Short Film & Webseries Showcase to screen the submitted work, in full, at the 2019 DIC Short Film & Web Series Showcase without further communication or approval.
* Applicant permits the DIC Short Film & Web Series Showcase to retain one or more copies of applicant's film for use in the Showcase archives.
* Applicant permits the DIC Short Film & Web Series Showcase to create digital copies of applicants film for use by Showcase staff & associates to facilitate the pre-screening process.
** While Showcase attendance is not required, when determining the 2019 official selections, .5 - 1 points will be deducted from the final total score of filmmakers not attending the Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase **
** While we screen all films submitted for consideration, 1 point will be deducted from films over 20 minutes when determining the 2019 official selections**