Make us laugh. Make us scream. Or both.
The Die Laughing Film Festival recognizes the fine line that separates fear and comedy and celebrates both with a festival dedicated to comedy films and horror films created by independent film makers.
We also host a Screenwriters Workshop and guest panelists included staff writers from Marvel's Jessica Jones and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. In addition to having a live scripted reading of scenes from selected screenplays, we also had a lively Q and A with our guests.
Come join us in 2022 for the 6th Annual Die Laughing Film Festival in Hollywood. Of course, we hope to have a live event, but the health of our guests are paramount, and we will shift to an on-line only or hybrid event if warranted.
If you dare.
Thank you for submitting your film or screenplay (SUBMISSION) to the Die Laughing Film Festival (DLFF). We are excited to review your work.
By submitting your SUBMISSION to DLFF you agree to the following:
(1) Submitting a SUBMISSION does not guarantee inclusion in the DLFF, and the selection committee has sole discretion to determine which SUBMISSIONS are selected for participation in the DLFF;
(2) If your SUBMISSION is selected for the DLFF, you will allow DLFF to use any part of the SUBMISSION for promotional purposes before, during and after the DLFF, and the right to present your SUBMISSION as part of the DLFF.
(3) DLFF does not compensate for any costs associated with the production of the SUBMISSION, or travel costs associated with attending the DLFF;
(4) DLFF reserves the right to schedule accepted SUBMISSIONS and to make any changes at any time, and may withdraw any SUBMISSION from the DLFF at any time for any reason;
(5) All film SUBMISSIONS must be online screeners only. All screenplay SUBMISSIONS must be a format indicated in the submission section;
(6) All film SUBMISSIONS that are selected to screen at the DLFF must be digital. To ensure best quality at the screening, digital versions are best.
(7) Filmmakers and screenwriters are solely responsible to ensure all deadlines are adhered to, and shall hold DLFF harmless for any delays or technical difficulties whatsoever;
(8) Filmmakers and screenwriters warrant that all work is original and that all rights have been secured;
(9) Filmmakers and screenwriters shall indemnify and hold harmless the Die Laughing Film Festival and all its agents from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages incurred in any way due to any and all claims.
(10) Awards will be presented in categories identified by DLFF and judging will be done by the judging committee; with the exception of awards for Best of Festival, which will be based on audience votes. DLFF reserves the right to rescind any award for any reason.