A CREATIVE SYMPOSIUM OFFERING FILMMAKERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO FLEX THEIR CINEMATIC MUSCLES BY PROVIDING GENRE SPECIFIC FILM FESTIVALS AND GUARANTEED THEATRICAL SCREENINGS.
Everyone loves Halloween! And one thing that goes perfectly with Halloween is Horror Films! Themes in the past have been folk horror, monsters, true crime and twisted thrillers. But this year we are turning out the lights to explore the dark!
So get your film ingredients ready and and cast your spell onto the big screen!
Demonchaser just like Spirit Halloween is opening soon.
Which Witches Sandwich Would'st Thou Wish?
Registration opens September 5th
Pick your Sub-genre
House in the woods.
Old spells spell trouble.
A knock at the door.
Don't open it.
Go back to sleep.
You'll receive an enigma to include after registering.
Films due virtually Monday October 17th
Screening is October 24th, First Baptist Church, Salt Lake City, UT
We'll also be screening John Carpenter's THE FOG before Deomonchaser films.
Registration $100. Include 2 tix to the screening.
Remember when registering to fill in what you can now, then upload film and info when ready.
Step by Step guide.
A - Create a Filmfreeway Account for your film (it's free)
B - Fill in as much as you know now, it can all be changed later.
C - Go to fest page and click submit the project.
D - This is where you will add the team name and pick sub genre.
E - Upload digital file when film is complete to the project page.
F - It will automatically upload to your fest submission.
See you in the movies,
Other Filmulate Fests screen at applicable times of the year, promoting and developing emerging and established filmmaking talents throughout the world.
Featuring specific genres and challenges including, Moab Monster Movie Mash, Dark Christmas Festival and Home Town Tales Documentary.
Each fest features a specific challenge as follows.
Moab Monster Movie Mash - Desert Monsters Rise.
Demonchaser - It's Dark in the Cinema.
Dark Christmas Festival - Presence! I've got a feeling this isn't going to be a good holiday.
Home Town Tales Documentary - Truth is Stranger - Focus on the storytelling and dig up some hidden gems in your back yard.
Filmulate Fests exists to bring community back into the theatres.
All proceeds go to SUPPORT CREATIVITY IN MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMS.
See You In The Movies.
1) Guaranteed Theatrical Screening with live audience at Halloween.
2) Custom branded trophy.
3) Free entry to future Fests.
4) Opportunity to screen internationally.
5) Option to be included in a feature film anthology.
6) Celebrity industry judges (past have included Thomas Jane and Brian Trenchard Smith)
Filmulate Submission Rules
The normal rules are for normal fests. Just a couple of rules here.
A) You are responsible for providing a safe set and following all Covid related safety guidelines. Neither Filmulate is responsible for any illness or injuries while producing your film.
B) Your film must be under 10 mins.
C) First come first served. (all ages welcome). Only 1 screening.
D) Your film must be appropriate to screen publicly.
www Westerns, registration opens August 15th, Kick Off is September 23rd to get your elements, your film must be uploaded by October 3rd 2022 at 11:59pm.
Demonchaser, registration opens September 5th, your film must be uploaded by October 17th at 11:59pm.
www Westerns Screening is October 7th 2022. Historic Star Hall in Moab, UT.
Demonchaser screening will be an evening on the week of October 24th-27th, location and date TBC.
SHORT SIMPLE SWEET
FIRST THINGS FIRST!! Download and complete Team Leader Waiver. Without this your film is not qualified. https://tinyurl.com/npzmv2x2
Lower rules are applicable to all fests.
1) Register to receive the "enigma". An individual element challenge that must be included in your film. This is a puzzle piece engaging audience interaction.
2) Pick your theme of the fest you are entering
3) Your finished film must be uploaded through FilmFreeway by the closing date listed above for submission.
4) The finished featured films have no minimum duration, and a maximum of 10 minutes duration—not including end credits. In other words, the official running time begins after the required Filmulate slates and ends prior to the end credits. The required slates and the end credits do not count towards the official duration. The film story may not be longer than 10 minutes. The Film does not have to be the full allocated time. Shorter films are sometimes better. An additional 60 seconds can be used for end credits. Opening credits are included in the 10 minutes.
5) PRE-FILM REQUIRED SLATES: Before the finished film begins, the media should have...
5 seconds of black
A title card with: team name, title, genre, elements, city, and date
Applicable fest title animation found here...https://tinyurl.com/npzmv2x2
www Westerns - Moab Monster Movie Mash - Demonchaser - Dark Christmas - Home Town Tales
2 seconds of black
You are responsible for the playability of your film. If your submission does not play, every effort will be made to contact you for an acceptable version before the screening.
This may disqualify you from the judging due to time constraints.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.
*By entering you you agree as the team captain to be fully responsible for all cast and crew safety and production compliance of all rules and regulations of any locations you use. All licensing for materials is also the team captain’s responsibility. This festival is not responsible or liable for any element of your production/film. Please be sure to submit the waiver. These terms are in effect with or without the submitted waiver.*