Due to the ongoing pandemic and safety being our first priority, the format of DIFF 2022 will be announced as the festival approaches. Stay tuned for more announcements!
DIFFs mission is to provide meaningful artistic and cultural programming to Dayton’s thriving community. We aim to inspire those to act on their passions in a place where passion always shines, the beautiful Gem City.
DIFF celebrates regional filmmaking and stories from Midwestern filmmakers who offer their DIFFerent and unique vision. We believe that through impactful storytelling, we can increase empathy, understanding and a sense of discovery. Our goal is to provide a platform to foster rich dialogue within our community with an abundance of passion and creativity.
Furthermore, DIFF hopes to open its doors to stories of dreams, struggle and support. The festival will showcase films from established professionals, emerging filmmakers, and students. Let’s come together to celebrate impactful stories from narrative, documentary or animation— everyone has a story to tell, DIFF cannot wait to hear yours!
1. Submission Eligibility:
- Submissions are accepted by Midwestern Filmmakers or filmmakers with a strong connection to the Midwest (if your film is based in the Midwest or documentary subject is Midwestern). We recognize the Midwest as having a connection to the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2019.
- Works in progress will not be considered.
- All films not in the English language are required to have subtitles.
2. Submission Format:
- Films must be submitted via online screener (no hard copy screeners accepted).
3. Premiere Status:
- There is no Premiere policy at DIFF your film may have screened at other Festivals and/or online.
4. Submission Fee:
- The submission fee is non-refundable.
- You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
- Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Dayton Independent Film Festival. DIFF reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. DIFF will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
- Dayton Independent Film Festival is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.