On behalf of the NGO DEEPWAVE e.V., we are organizing a short film festival and panel discussion for the protection of the ocean. The festival is going to take place at the Lichtmess cinema. We are working in cooperation with the Friedrich Ebert Foundation .There is no entrance fee for the festival.
Since 2013, DEEPWAVE e.V. and students from Hamburg were conducting the international Beneath the Waves - Filmfestival in Hamburg including a panel discussion with speakers from politics, science and economy.
Given that this festival is not held anymore by the American NGO Beneath the Waves, we are organizing our own filmfestival for the protection of the ocean in 2019.
Therefore, we are looking for short length movies and videos of all genres about the ocean and its protection – politically, rousingly, enlighteningly, documenting, pretty, thrilling.
The submission of films is at no costs. One main topic will be deep sea.
1. DEEPWAVE Filmfestival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional, educational, advertisement purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
2. It is the filmmaker´s responsibility to have all valid and correct copyright and licenses for their film.
3. All films must be in German or English, otherwise with English or German subtitles.
4. The films have a length of maximum 30 min.
5. The festival doesn`t offer screening fees.