DANCE ON SCREEN offers multifaceted, unforgettable dance film experiences, with short dance films and documentations that present dance on screen within different cultures and contexts. Dance movies that reflect thoughtfully and illuminate political and social topics, are just as much represented as pure poetic dance movies.
BOOMING - DISTURBING - ENRICHING
DANCE ON SCREEN in Switzerland wants to draw attention to the genre of dance film and is offering dance films, their makers and audience an interactive platform and international exchange.
DANCE ON SCREEN presents dance film programs with SHORTS and DOCS as well as Q&A's with the makers and MASTERCLASSES with and for dance and film professionals.
DANCE ON SCREEN collaborates with CINEDANS International Film, Dance and Media Festival Amsterdam.
DANCE ON SCREEN partners in Zurich: ZÜRICH TANZT, ARTHOUSE KINOS,
DANCE ON SCREEN partners in Bern: Kino REX, BETA FESTIVAL
DANCE ON SCREEN partners entry call 2023: RESO TANZNETZWERK SCHWEIZ, SAPA Schweizer Archiv für Darstellende Künste, TANZFEST SCHWEIZ 2023, ZÜRICH TANZT
Please read our TERMS & CONDITIONS on our website before submitting your film:
We accept films via FilmFreeway.
Preview copies must be secured online screeners.
After you submitted the film, the fee can’t be reclaimed.
DANCE ON SCREEN accepts short dance films and documentations with dance as main focus
DANCE ON SCREEN accepts in general films in 3 categories (for 2023 only in 1 category):
- SHORTS & DOCS
(shorts and docs related to dance, choreography or movement, lasting between 1min and 15min)
- DANCE FILMS 15 - 75'+
(films related to dance, choreography or movement, lasting longer than 15min till max. 75min)
(Swiss films related to dance, choreography or movement, lasting 1 till max. 75 min)
- SWISS filmmakers / films produced in CH:
If you submit your film for the DANCE ON SCREEN 2023 - Entry Call, it will be considered for screenings in the period 10-21 of May 2023 in several Swiss cities (max. 20min). Films longer than 20 min. will be automatically be considered for screenings in 2024. Alternatively, you can submit films longer than 20min to a later call for entries, announced in 2023.
- INTERNATIONAL filmmakers:
DANCE ON SCREEN collaborates closely with CinedansFEST in Amsterdam. If you submitted your film to the Entry Call of CinedansFEST 2022 it is already in consideration for DANCE ON SCREEN 2023 and there is no need to hand it in to our 2023 Entry Call.
You can submit your film to be considered for screenings in 2024 to a later Entry Call that will be announced in 2023.
- It is necessary to read our full terms & conditions before submitting your film: https://danceonscreen.ch/open-call/
- If accepted for screening, we will notify filmmakers by email.
- We are not liable for any copyright infringements or unauthorized usage and any conflict should be settled by the parties involved thereof.
- You are responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity.
- Feedback will not be given to non-selected films
- DANCE ON SCREEN can consider any film to be disqualified if the platform considers the content inappropriate.
**SELECTION CRITERIA for all categories and years
- Originality and evidence of authorship
- Content and meaning
- Originality of concept and clarity of script
- Synergy between dance and film
- Camera work and editing as a contribution to this synergy
- Quality of choreography and dance
- Role and meaning of sound
- Technical execution in relation to the artistic vision
For more information: email@example.com