Defiant Arc Entertainment's name is derived from its mission: to defy the traditional Hollywood arc, where it is exceedingly difficult for those not already ingrained in the industry to find success, and to provide resources and access to talented filmmakers to help them make their mark on the world.
The Defiant Arc International Film Finishing Fund (DAIFFF) is an online film competition for films that need a little help getting to the finish line. The winning filmmaker will receive funds to finish their film, up to $3,000, depending on the film's budget/needs.
To get started, interested filmmakers need only submit a pitch deck of their film. The pitch deck can be in any form that you think best presents your film, including the rough cut of the film. If you do not have a pitch deck, you can submit the shooting script, but we highly recommend including visual aids alongside just the script.
Semi-finalists will be announced in August, and will have two weeks to submit evidence demonstrating that the DIAFFF grant will be sufficient to complete their film. Evidence can be submitted in the form of a rough cut, or, if production has not yet begun, proof of available funds and a budget demonstrating that the DAIFFF grant will remove all financial barriers to the film's completion.
Finalists will be announced in September, and will have two weeks to submit a 2-3 minute video of themselves, describing their project and the inspiration behind it.
The winner will be announced at the end of October 2022, with the DAIFFF grant dispersed within 30 days of the announcement. If the winner takes the DAIFFF grant, we ask for a production company EP credit and access to promotional material for the film to promote the project and fund in the future.
Winner: Up to $3,000 production cash grant
* We are looking for films that have already been or are in the process of being filmed and need additional Finishing Funds.
* Filmmakers from all countries are welcome to enter. All pitch decks must be in English.
* All ages can enter.
* All genres welcome.
* You may submit as many pitch decks as you wish.
* All pitch decks submitted must be the filmmaker's original work, or they own the copyright.
* The filmmaking team will have the final call on cast, crew, and edit.
* To help the environment, DAIFFF only accepts electronic entries.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $100,000 in screenwriting fees in the preceding 18 months. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. (Contest & Fellowship awards do not count toward this total).
* The winner consents to DAIFFF using their name, film title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results and ongoing news about the project.
* If DAIFFF helps a filmmaker gain representation, option, sell or have their film distributed, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platforms that we see fit.
* DAIFFF will be able to promote the winning film in any way in which they see fit.
* Defiant Arc Entertainment will be one of the ‘Production Companies’ credited on the project. Becca E. Davis & Kathrene Gawel will also be credited as ‘Executive Producers.’
* The budget will either go through DAIFFF or be transferred to a producer or production company working with the filmmakers.
* The decision of DAIFFF is final. By applying to this fund each participant agrees to hold DAIFFF, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering DAIFFF, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
* DAIFFF staff and associates are unable to enter the fund.
* DAIFFF are flexible as to the production completion date of the winning film. However, if said film hasn't been filmed within 18 months of the winner’s announcement, DAIFFF has the discretion to transfer the funds to another submitted film.
We do not seek to obtain any rights over your pitch deck or the resulting film at any time.