Cortisonici is an international film festival that takes place in various locations of the city of Varese, Italy. The festival offers every year – through different formulas – a short film competition (up to 15’) and a series of collateral events such as concerts, film previews, recreational activities, meeting with authors and workshops.
This year's edition, the 17th, will take place from March 31 to April 4, 2020.
Cortisonici festival is completely free and marked out by an inclusive and disengaged approach, aimed to promote culture – especially film, audiovisual and multimedia – and to foster free expression and any art form, with a strong preference for the most creative and mocking independent film making.
- People's Choice Award
- Jury Prize
- Cortisonici Ronzinanti Award (a special prize assigned by the Festival Organizers)
Film Festival Dates: Mrch 31/ April 4- 2020
Film Entry Deadline: December 31, 2019
Organizer: Associazione Cortisonici
SUBMISSION and ELIGIBILITY
1.The application is open to directors/producers and filmmakers without discrimination as to race, religion or country of origin.
2. Films that have been screened at other Film Festivals, except for previous Cortisonici editions, are eligible for submission.
3. All films must have been completed after January 1st, 2019.
4. Only films that meet the following conditions can be submitted:
- Films that do not exceed 15 minutes in length, including credits;
- Films that do not contain any advertising messages;
- Films that do not contain any promotional videos or film clips;
- Films that do not contain any racist or defamatory messages.
5. All films must be submitted with a separate .srt file with the subtitles in English and the EXACT TIMING for the version of the movie the author will indicate as definitive for the official projection.
6. Film submission is free of charge.
7. The films must be sent in DVD, or submitted through this website, or through file storage and sharing services like Dropbox or WeTransfer
The Organizer might require other formats of the selected films which must reach the Festival not later than two weeks before the Festival Opening. CORTISONICI Film Festival will not accept films that do not meet the outlined deadline. The required format will be communicated to the selected applicants by email afterwards.
8. Each film must be submitted on its own DVD and accompanied by its own completed Application Form. Should an application form be incomplete, the Film Festival is not responsible for the film rejection.
9. Applicants can send maximum two short films in two different DVDs. Anyhow, only one will be selected to participate in the Festival. DVDs must be labeled with the following: title, director's name and surname, length in minutes.
10. The DVD must be shipped, in accordance with the above mentioned deadline, to the following address:
Via De Cristoforis,5
21100 VARESE - ITALY
11. All films must be submitted not later than December 31, 2018. Cortisonici will not bear any shipping or transportation costs of any kind.
12. Cortisonici Film Festival will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind occurred during the shipment and during the Festival itself.
13. The applicants are responsible for the film content and for the soundtrack, for both original and not original music (protected by copyright). No consideration will be given to films that have racist or calumnious content or purpose.
14. The Film Festival does not return DVDs and any promotional materials submitted for the preselection phase. The Film Festival reserves the right to include them in the Cortisonici Film Festival Archive that stands for an authorized representative of the cultural and educational spirit of the Festival. The Film Festival reserves the right to collect and to reproduce the submitted films in order to spread and to encourage the idea of film as a culture bearer.
15. A Special Selection Team selects all the films to be presented at the main competition. The Festival Jury is selected among film professionals and experts. The Jury members' names will be posted on the website by March 2020.
16. Cortisonici 2020 features two competition programs:
- People's Choice Award
- Jury Award
- Cortisonici Ronzinanti Award (a special prize assigned by the Film Festival Organizer)
17. The Film Festival reserves the right to show some of the submitted films in other Festival sections, out of the main competition, such as the Inferno Section (Inferno Night Screening).
18. The Film Festival reserves the right to change these regulations or to suspend the Festival if necessary.
19. Personal data and information will be used only to meet the purposes of the Festival and could be included in some future cultural events organized by Filmstudio90 and/or Ronzinanti Association.
20. Final programming and slotting of films will be posted by March 15, 2020, on our site: www.cortisonici.org
21. The application and/or selection of a film imply unconditional acceptance of the above regulations. Should something be unclear, the Film Festival Management reserves the right to make the final decision.
For any further information please contact our Foreign Applicants Office at email@example.com