CONTENT2021 (SEPTEMBER 6 - 9, 2021)
is a Christian film festival and media summit that takes place on a real working film set at "Capernaum Studios" in the Dallas, Texas area. (For example, "The Chosen" bible series was filmed at Capernaum Studios.)
WE ARE KNOWN for where you can BUILD COMMUNITY and be SPIRITUALLY RENEWED!
OUR 4-DAY PROGRAM is strategically formatted so you can develop heartfelt relationships and be renewed in your mission. Get inspired, grow, and learn from industry professionals with an inviting community of filmmakers!
OUR PURPOSE is to Equip, Network and Inspire Christian Filmmakers from All Nations, Tribes and Languages (Revelation 5:9-10).
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
1. Build Lasting Relationships! We are BIG in building community
2. Get Filled. We are BIG in serving JESUS and YOU - the filmmaker
3. Tour a Real Working Film Set (indoor and outdoor studios) Note: "The Chosen" was filmed at Capernaum Studios (Season One)
4. Learn at Bootcamps: Actors, Screenwriters, Cinematography and News/Journalism
5. Gain Exposure
6. Connect with Industry Leaders
7. Be Refreshed and Renewed Through Worship and Prayer
8. Submit for Laurels
9. Grow Your Craft
10. We Celebrate Your Content!
CONTENT2021 IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to build community, network, bring your location scouts and learn from industry leaders!
AWARDS AND PRIZES
1. Film Competition "Film Tank": Audience Choice Awards for Best Feature & Short Film.
2. Film Competition: "Judges Recognition Awards" for outstanding achievement in over 45 categories.
3. Scriptwriting Competition: Judges Award for outstanding achievement in 5 categories.
4. Actor Awards: for outstanding achievement in 12 categories.
5. News and Journalism Awards: for outstanding excellence in 4 categories.
6. Want to see all awards? Go to https://www.christianmediaconference.com
FILM AND SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES
A. FILMS: Accepting submissions for Features, Shorts, Television, Ministry, Web, Documentary, Justice and Biblical and Individual Recognition Awards like:
Director, Storytelling, Cinematography, Young Filmmaker, etc.
(for a list of all the categories, see the content2021.org website)
B. SCREENPLAYS: Accepting submissions for Features, Shorts, Television
C. SUBMISSIONS FOR BOTH FILM AND SCREENPLAYS:
*** Only 3 submissions PER CATEGORY allowed.
*** Only 6 submissions TOTAL allowed.
*** A representative must be present at CONTENT2021 (full registration or day pass) OR via virtual registration for the project to be eligible for awards. (Note: A rep can be a cast member, family member, friend, or speaker.)
1. SUBJECT MATTER: Submissions must be of Christian Faith and/or Family and/or Biblical and/or Educational Content and/or Clean Comedy. Prohibited content includes pornography, nudity, sexually explicit scenes, heavy offensive language, using the Lord's name in vain, strong gore and horror.
2. AUTHORITY TO SUBMIT: All submissions must be handled by an individual who has the authority (ownership/copyright/permission) to do so.
3. AGE OF PROJECT: All entries must have been released within the last 3 years (as of January 2018).
a. Film older than 3 years must have undergone significant changes (ie: editorial re-edit, entirely new musical score or content added to bring a documentary up to date) may be considered,
b. Films previously entered but were not awarded.
4. ATTENDANCE AT CONTENT2021:
a. SCRIPT-WRITING COMPETITION: If your submission is nominated for an award, a representative from your org must attend (full registration or day pass) OR have a virtual registration.
** Note: A representative can be you, your agent, a family member, friend, associate, a speaker at the conference, etc.
b. FILM TANK AND/OR JUDGES RECOGNITION AWARDS COMPETITION: If your submission is nominated for an award or to be screened, a representative must attend (full registration or day pass or virtual) or it may be removed from the Film Tank (audience choice) schedule and forfeit any Judges Recognition Awards.
** Note: A representative can be a cast member, your agent, family member, friend, associate, a speaker at the conference, etc.
5. FILM SCREENINGS: If your film submission is nominated for a Category Award (Features or Shorts), it will be screened in part, not whole, for the registrants to view and vote on at the Festival. (For example, let's say 6 features are nominated, thus the first 15 minutes of each nominated feature is screened, one after another with voting in-between.)
6. RIGHT OF REFUSAL: CMA has the right of declining any submission that they deem is not appropriate or for any reason. Submitter agrees to accept the decisions made by the judges gracefully and to not slander or belittle the Conference or other entries.
7. RIGHT TO PRESENT: By entering a film submission, the Filmmaker agrees to allow the content to be screened at CONTENT and to allow short portions of the Film to be used by the Conference for promotional purposes.
8. FILM SUBTITLES: Submissions that contain significant non-English dialogue must include English subtitles.
9. MATURE AUDIENCE IDENTIFICATION: If your submission contains content that is not suitable for younger viewers, the Filmmaker or Screenwriter must identify this in their submission form.
10. REFUNDS: CONTENT2021 does not give refunds for submissions or registrations. As the funds are received, they are allocated for expenses for the conference. Registrations are non-refundable but may be transferred to the virtual format or another attendee.
11. JUDGES: Judges retain the right to increase or decrease the number of awards given and/or move a film to a category that it best fits.
12. ACCEPTANCE: Submitter agrees to accept the decisions made by the judges gracefully and to not slander or belittle the conference or other entries.
If you have questions regarding submissions, please reach out to
We are excited to have you join Content2021. May the LORD bless you and give you FAVOR!