CONTENT2023 (SEPTEMBER 25-28, 2023)
Christian film festival and media summit
Host Location: Capernaum Studios near Dallas, Texas
CATEGORIES: Filmmaking, Scriptwriting, Actors, Podcasting, Church Media, Young CONTENT Creators, Leadership and Business. INCLUDING an Exhibit Hall, Screeners, Bootcamps, Workshops, Super Networking, Meals and an Awards Ceremony.
WE ARE KNOWN for where YOU can:
* BUILD COMMUNITY
* Be SPIRITUALLY INSPIRED
* RECIEVE EXPOSURE
* FIVE STAR RATING
OUR 4-DAY PROGRAM is strategically formatted so you can develop heartfelt relationships and be renewed in your mission. Get inspired, grow, and learn from industry professionals with an inviting community of filmmakers!
OUR PURPOSE is to Equip, Network and Inspire Christian Filmmakers from All Nations, Tribes and Languages (Revelation 5:9-10).
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
1. Build Lasting Relationships! We are BIG in building community
2. Get Filled. We are BIG in serving JESUS and YOU - the filmmaker
3. Learn at Bootcamps: Actors, Screenwriters, Directors/Producers, Church Media, Podcasting, Young CONTENT creators and MORE!
4. Gain Exposure
5. Connect with Industry Leaders
6. Be Refreshed and Renewed Through Worship and Prayer
7. Submit for Laurels
8. Grow Your Craft
9. We Celebrate Your Content!
CONTENT2023 IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to build community, network, bring your team and learn from industry leaders!
AWARDS AND PRIZES
1. Film Competition: Audience Choice Awards for Best Feature & Short Film.
2. Film Competition: "Judges Recognition Awards" for outstanding achievement in 40 categories.
3. Scriptwriting Competition: Judges Award for outstanding achievement.
4. Actor Awards: for outstanding achievement in several categories.
5. News and Journalism Awards: for outstanding excellence.
6. Want to see all awards? Go to https://www.christianmediaconference.com
FILM AND SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES
A. FILMS: Accepting submissions for Features, Shorts, Television, Ministry, Web, Documentary, Justice and Biblical and Individual Recognition Awards like:
Director, Storytelling, Cinematography, Young Filmmaker, etc.
(for a list of all the categories, see the christianmediaconference.com website)
B. SCREENPLAYS: Accepting submissions for Features, Shorts, Television
C. SUBMISSIONS FOR BOTH FILM AND SCREENPLAYS:
*** Only 3 submissions PER CATEGORY allowed.
*** Only 6 submissions TOTAL allowed.
*** A representative must be present or watching virtually
(i.e. Must be present with a CONTENT2023 full registration/day pass OR virtual registration for your project to be eligible for awards)
Note: A rep can be a cast member, family member, friend, or speaker
1. SUBJECT MATTER: Submissions must be of Christian Faith and/or Family and/or Biblical and/or Educational Content and/or Clean Comedy. Prohibited content includes pornography, nudity, sexually explicit scenes, heavy offensive language, using the Lord's name in vain, strong gore and horror.
2. AUTHORITY TO SUBMIT: All submissions must be handled by an individual who has the authority (ownership/copyright/permission) to do so.
AGE OF PROJECT FOR FILMS:
3. AGE OF FILM PROJECT (UP TO 3 YEARS):
NOTE THIS CATEGORY OF "UP TO 3 YEARS" qualifies the submitter for possible nomination and winner status.
a. All entries must have been released within the last 3 years (as of November 2019).
3.1 AGE OF FILM PROJECT (OVER 3 YEARS - older than November 2019):
NOTE - IN THIS CATEGORY THERE ARE NO TROPHIES GIVEN, BUT HONOR AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR EXCELLENT WORK.
If your feature, short and/or documentary is over 3 years, and HAS NOT been previously submitted to the CONTENT film competition(s):
a. Please submit to that specific category (ie Features - over 3 years, Shorts - over 3 years), etc)
b. The judges will honor and acknowledge the best for their excellent work.
3.2 AGE OF FILM PROJECT (OVER 3 YEARS - OLDER THAN NOVEMBER 2019 - PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED, WERE NOT AWARDED AT THAT TIME),
NOTE this category qualifies the submitter for possible nomination and winner status.
a. Film(s) older than 3 years, and were previously submitted, and were not awarded, must have undergone significant changes (ie: editorial re-edit, entirely new musical score or content added to bring a documentary up to date) may be considered.
b. Film(s) older than 3 years and were previously awarded cannot re-submit.
3.3 AGE OF SCRIPT PROJECT:
All script entries must have been written within the last 3 years (as of November 2019).
4. ATTENDANCE AT CONTENT2023:
a. SCRIPT-WRITING COMPETITION: If your submission is nominated for an award, a representative from your org must attend (full registration or day pass) OR have a virtual registration.
** Note: A representative can be you, your agent, a family member, friend, associate, a speaker at the conference, etc.
b. FILM TANK AND/OR JUDGES RECOGNITION AWARDS COMPETITION: If your submission is nominated for an award or to be screened, a representative must attend (full registration or day pass or virtual) or it may be removed from the Film Tank (audience choice) schedule and forfeit any Judges Recognition Awards. Note - you can also attend virtually.
** Note: A representative can be a cast member, your agent, family member, friend, associate, a speaker at the conference, etc.
5. FILM SCREENINGS: If your film submission is nominated for a Category Award (Features or Shorts), it will be screened in part, not whole, for the registrants to view and vote on at the Festival. (For example, let's say 3 features are nominated, thus the first 20 minutes of each nominated feature is screened).
6. RIGHT OF REFUSAL: CONTENT has the right of declining any submission that they deem is not appropriate or for any reason. Submitter agrees to accept the decisions made by the judges gracefully and to not slander or belittle the Conference or other entries.
7. RIGHT TO PRESENT: By entering a film submission, the Filmmaker agrees to allow the content to be screened at CONTENT and to allow short portions of the Film to be used by the Conference for promotional purposes.
8. FILM SUBTITLES: Submissions that contain significant non-English dialogue must include English subtitles.
9. MATURE AUDIENCE IDENTIFICATION: If your submission contains content that is not suitable for younger viewers, the Filmmaker or Screenwriter must identify this in their submission form.
10. REFUNDS: CONTENT2023 does not give refunds for submissions or registrations. As the funds are received, they are allocated for expenses for the conference. Registrations are non-refundable but may be transferred to the virtual format or another attendee.
11. JUDGES: Judges retain the right to increase or decrease the number of awards given and/or move a film to a category that it best fits.
12. ACCEPTANCE: Submitter agrees to accept the decisions made by the judges gracefully and to not slander or belittle the conference or other entries.
If you have questions regarding submissions, please reach out to
We are excited to have you join Content2023.
May the LORD bless you and give you FAVOR!
"Always pray and never give up" Luke 18:1