The ConCarolinas Film Festival, taking place annually during ConCarolinas - North Carolina's largest and longest-running multi-genre fan convention - is dedicated to the art of the genre-fiction film and the expression of independent filmmakers. Now celebrating 14 years, the ConCarolinas Film Festival has created a setting for local, national, and international filmmakers to showcase artistic visions surrounding Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Suspense, Comedy, Drama, Fandom, Animation and Action/Adventure, AND we have recently expanded our submissions to welcome feature films!
The ConCarolinas Film Festival recognizes filmmakers across the globe!
GRAND PRIZE WINNERS:
Best in Show ($150 Cash Prize)
Best International Film
Best North American Film
Best Feature Film
Best Micro-Short (5 minutes or less)
and The "Spirit of Indie Film" Award (presented to the regional filmmaker that best exemplifies making positive impacts on the independent film community)
Best Actor and Best Actress
Best Genre Shorts (Comedy, Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Suspense)
Best Special Effects
Best Fan Film
Best Original Screenplay
and various others!
Entry Rules and Submission Guidelines
• All films must be Fiction and/or Genre-Related (sci-fi, fantasy, horror, comedy, drama, suspense, animation, etc.)
• All Short Films must be no more than 30 minutes in length (including opening and closing credits).
• All Feature Films must be at least 60 minutes in length (including opening and closing credits).
• All entries must be accompanied by a brief synopsis and/or artist statement.
• All footage submitted to the ConCarolinas Film Festival may be used by ConCarolinas for reasons including, but not limited to, promotion, advertising, etc.
• All films must be available to festival management for download in the event of selection into the festival.
• No unsolicited waivers will be granted to any submitter for any reason. Please do not e-mail us asking for a waiver code or you will be blocked and permanently disqualified from the festival.
• Submission fees are non-refundable and will not be returned for any reason. If a submission is not selected or disqualified, entrants will not receive a fee refund.
• We do not pay screening fees, and we never will.
• All selections and award winners are chosen by the ConCarolinas Film Festival Jury and their decisions are final.