Filmmatic's annual Sundance networking event - "Monday on Main Street". ALL ENTRANTS are invited!
The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards were created to locate and expose up-and-coming screenwriters, as well as to empower and educate those talented comedic writers still waiting for their invitation to the mainstream industry.
* Kathy Muraviov, Lit Manager at The Muraviov Company, will guest judge this season, and will also provide our overall winner with a zoom consultation regarding their project and career.
The COMEDY Competition is open to feature-length and short works, screenplays and teleplays.
All Finalists and Winners will be announced by September 15, 2022.
MAKE US LAUGH!
* $1,000 CASH to the Overall Winner
* Kathy Muraviov, Lit Manager at The Muraviov Company, will provide our overall winner with a zoom consultation regarding their project and career.
* SCREENWRITING STAFFING Premium Membership for the Overall Winner
* INKTIP listing PACKAGES for all Winners
* Organized Press and EXPOSURE for all 10 Winners and 100 Finalists
* ALL ENTRANTS receive an invite to Filmmatic's 2022 SUNDANCE Networking Event
COMEDY COMPETITION RULES
1) Judges, as well as employees of InkTip.com, Filmmatic.com and other sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry form, "written by" credits are optional on the script/pilot file itself. By submitting online to the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition, entrant warrants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF, Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants of the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards retain all rights to their screenplays.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through this website (see homepage) or through FilmFreeway.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infringement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) For environmental reasons, we no longer accept hardcopy submissions by mail.
14) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry's cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
16) The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
17) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by Filmmatic and our sponsors. Applicants will be repsonsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes. Good Luck!!!