The 11TH ANNUAL COASTLINE CHILDREN’S FILM FESTIVAL invites
you to submit your short film (5 minutes or less) to the 2021 YOUNG
FILMMAKERS COMPETITION. This year's festival is virtual.
Entry is FREE and open to anyone Ages 18 and under from Michigan, Indiana and the Chicago area.
Competition categories include Narrative/Live Action, Documentary
and Animation. Films will be judged on creativity, originality and artistic/
technical mastery. A one hour screening program will be curated from all qualifying submissions—with awards going to the top 3 films.
In addition, an Audience Favorite Award will be presented
to the filmmaker that receives the most votes during the festival.
The film festival is being held virtually since we cannot gather safely as a community.
All juror decisions are final. Open to kids living in the viewing area of the festival.
Virtual Red carpet award ceremony with prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Audience Award.
You must be 18 & under & live in Michigan, Indiana or the Chicago area.
All submitters must complete a YFC Entry Form. Visit our homepage.
• Films created between 2018 and 2021 are eligible.
• All entries must be shot and edited by you - the director.
• The use of pre-made and pre-recorded is not allowed. NO FILM TRAILERS.
• Total running time (with title & credits): 5 minutes or less.
• Limit one entry per person/group per film category.
• Work alone or with friends & receive minimal adult help.
• Soundtrack music must be royalty-free. NO EXCEPTIONS.