The 10TH ANNUAL COASTLINE CHILDREN’S FILM FESTIVAL invites
you to submit your short film (5 minutes or less) to the 2020 YOUNG
FILMMAKERS COMPETITION—JUST ADD WATER is the theme.
Entry is FREE and open to anyone Ages 18 and under from Michigan, Indiana and the Chicago area.
The human body is composed of 50-65% water. Water covers 71% of the planet's surface. Water is the only natural substance that can take the form of a liquid, a solid and a gas. Water can be both beneficial and destructive. It can also be inspirational. This year, in honor of our 10th anniversary, we are looking for short films ( 5 min or less) that are about or inspired by water.
Competition categories include Narrative/Live Action, Documentary
and Animation. Films will be judged on creativity, originality and artistic/
technical mastery. A one hour screening program will be curated from all qualifying submissions—with awards going to the top 3 films.
In addition, an Audience Favorite Award will be presented
to the filmmaker that receives the most votes during the festival.
All juror decisions are final. Open to kids living in the viewing area of the festival.
Red carpet award ceremony with prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Audience Award.
You must be 18 & under & live in Michigan, Indiana or the Chicago area.
FILMS MUST BE ABOUT (OR INSPIRED BY) WATER.
All submitters must complete a YFC Entry Form. Copy and use this link ( https://bit.ly/2kZimFP ) or visit our homepage.
• Films created between 2017 and 2020 are eligible.
• All entries must be shot and edited by you - the director.
• The use of pre-made and pre-recorded is not allowed. NO FILM TRAILERS.
• Total running time (with title & credits): 5 minutes or less.
• Limit one entry per person/group per film category.
• Work alone or with friends & receive minimal adult help.
• Soundtrack music must be royalty-free. NO EXCEPTIONS.