The 9TH ANNUAL COASTLINE CHILDREN’S FILM FESTIVAL invites
you to submit your short film (5 minutes or less) to the 2019 YOUNG
FILMMAKERS COMPETITION. Entry is FREE and open to anyone 18 and under from Michigan, Indiana and the Chicago area.
Competition categories include Narrative/Live Action, Documentary
and Animation. Films will be judged on creativity, originality and artistic/
technical mastery. All films meeting the submission guidelines will be
screened during the festival—with awards going to the top 3 films.
In addition, an Audience Favorite Award will be presented
to the filmmaker that receives the most votes during the festival.
All juror decisions are final. Open to kids living in the viewing area of the festival.
Red carpet award ceremony with prizes for First, Second, Third and an Audience Award.
You must be 18 & under & live in Michigan, Indiana or the Chicago area.
• Films (talking and silent) created between 2016 and 2019 are eligible.
• All entries must be shot and edited by you - the director.
• Pre-made/pre-formatted filmmaking templates (such as
iMovie trailers) are not allowed.
• Total running time (with title & credits): 5 minutes or less.
• Limit one entry per person/group per fi lm category.
• Work alone or with friends & receive minimal adult help.
• Soundtrack music must be royalty-free. NO EXCEPTIONS.