The Jarvis Conservatory continues its mission to promote the classical arts to the people of Napa California and the San Francisco Bay Area. The celebration of International Classical Arts in film was not able to hold the fifth celebration in 2020 due to Covid-19. We are pleased to announce the fifth annual celebration will move forward with an August 26th - 28th, sos1 celebration.
This is a niche festival. The focus is specific but the themes that support it are endless. The struggles are vast and on an international scale we see the perseverance from a cultural, economic, psychological, spiritual and religious oppression that festival patrons would not have even known existed had they not have entered the theater. There are sacrifices made for every celebration in life but a life dedicated to the classical arts is a long road. This festival is a reflection of that journey.
All genres are accepted as long as the body of work pertains to the classical arts. Science Fiction and Horror genres are welcome as long as they adhere to this theme. For instance a perfect example of a classical arts themed horror film would be The Phantom Of The Opera. Projects about classical composers, conductors, choreographers, musicians, ballet, baroque, opera, zarzuela, or traditional puppetry are examples of content to expand from. Please do not submit content on classic rock, modern or jazz topics. They will not be accepted. Feature length and short subject are both celebrated.
A three day festival screening several short subject and feature length films from around the world, each supported with question and answer sessions all centered in the heart of beautiful and cultural downtown Napa California. The Classical Arts Film Festival is the perfect venue for filmmakers to have their work exhibited. It also establishes these artists as leaders in this specified area of the performing arts.
Official festival laurels will be provided upon selection into the the Classical Arts Film Festival. All selected films will also receive a Certificate of Official Selection. There are several Jarvis Awards for excellence in the classical arts that are bestowed each year.
• Film production could be from any year as long as it has not been commercially solicited or openly accessed via free online content providers.
• All genres permitted as long as they adhere to the theme of promoting the classical arts. Genres such as Drama, Comedy, Animation, Documentary, Tragedy, Legend/Folklore, Spiritual/Religious, Experimental.
• International films are strongly encouraged to apply but english subtitles are required on all non-english speaking films.
• More than one entry may be submitted. Each must be submitted with its own entry form and fee. Submissions to the Classical Arts Film Festival are through FilmFreeway.com only. Please do not submit in person, email or regular mail.
• There will be no DVD screeners permitted. All festival submissions must be online with online screeners through FilmFreeway.com
• After you submit, please check your FilmFreeway online account to see if your film has been received. Please don't contact us to find out if your film has been received. Check online.
• If selected the filmmaker must allow video clips of the submitted work to be used as part of promotional montages of the Classical Arts Film Festival.
• The festival has the right to work with any institution for promotion of the celebration.
• If chosen for festival screening, feature length films must provide a clearly labeled BluRay with return envelope and a high resolution digital download or flash drive for back up. Short films must supply an online high resolution digital download or mail in a flash drive.
• We will not return your exhibition copies without an enclosed stamped return labeled envelope.
• If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. A complete press kit and an online link to your film will be needed as soon after notification as possible. The Classical Arts Film Festival cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
• All submission fees are non-refundable.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.
SCREENINGS & PUBLICATION
By submitting your application you agree that all performance rights are held by the producer of your project and that the Classical Arts Film Festival will in no way be held responsible for any copyright infringement.