After debuting in 2018 as part of Circle Cinema’s 90th birthday celebration, the Circle Cinema Film Festival is back in 2023 for our 95th birthday with an exciting showcase of original storytelling through film, art, music and experiences. The festival brings a stellar lineup of diverse films and special guests to Tulsa, including some fresh from this year’s Sundance Film Festival and SXSW. Film programming, with an emphasis on Oklahoma-centric independent films and filmmakers, will include a mix of documentaries and features; new and classic.
*For Student Film Category: All entries must be original, student created films or Debutant Film (the first film made after finishing film school) made in Oklahoma.
*For OkieShorts Category: Films must be made in Oklahoma.
*For Oklahoma/Oklahomans Films: Feature length Narrative/Documentary Films must be made in Oklahoma or Filmmaker is from Oklahoma.
• All the works for the competition categories need to be finished after 1st of January 2021.
• By submitting your work you certify that you hold necessary rights for the presentation of this film at CCFF.
• There is no limit to the amount of films that a filmmaker, producer or film school may submit.
• Fiction, documentary and animated student films up to 45 min. in length are eligible for the competition category.
• In order to be admitted, the materials must be in English or presented with English subtitles (embedded).
• If selected we suggest you submit a .srt document with your dialogue list in English in order to be more assessable.
• Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway and please protect screeners with password.
• Once a film has been submitted for participation it cannot be withdrawn.
• The Festival does not pay screening fees as it is a non-profit festival.
• The deadline for registration and delivery of materials is June 17 2022.