Cinema is one of the most powerful artforms. The impact of cinema on society, culture, trends, dissent, so on and so forth is immeasurable. However, its use has not just been limited to expressing the collective but has been intensely personal, individual and independent thought. As a result, cinema has emerged as a medium to express not just society’s fear, apprehensions and dystopias but also hopes and utopian futures, especially at a time of crises.
Today, while the world is facing one of the biggest health crises in the last hundred years, we turn once again to look for refuge and expression through the cinematic universe. In this light, the Film club of DGMC brings to you the fourth annual film festival, Cine Voyage, 2021. A three day festival celebrating our love for everything cinema, extending from the remotest corners of the world, all the way back home. This annual platform has been created by DGMC to encourage students and professionals alike to not just showcase their talents but also their creativity, the scale of their ideas and their interpretations.
During the pandemic, the world population has faced willing and unwilling isolation and at the same time it has led us to exploring parts of our lives we had buried. Reflecting this, our theme this year is Freedom and Confinement. Keeping pace with the times where, on one hand we are living in spatial and time constraints and paradoxically, are preoccupied with social and digital lives, we are organizing a film competition for amateurs as well as professionals in the short film and the web-series category. We hope to see the grit and the strength along with the plethora of emotions this pandemic has exposed throughout the world.
Along with the competition, two days of exciting workshops, panel discussion and guest lectures by experts from the film fraternity are also part of this year’s Cine Voyage. The aim is to create an enabling environment to support and give a boost to amateur and professional individuals, at the national and international level by providing spaces for direct interaction and a chance to learn from the industry professionals.
Cash prizes and goodies to be won...
THE SUBMISSIONS SHOULD HONOUR THE THEME DECIDED BY THE FESTIVAL i.e FREEDOM AND CONFINEMENT
1. Make sure you can shoot with minimal crew at safe places. Your safety while participating is important and foremost.
2. Work with a minimal crew. Assemble a team of only the ones required.
3. Allocate remote work in processes such as scripting, pre-production, grading, dubbing, etc. This way you can even collaborate with people from different cities and countries. Apps like Zoom, Google Meet are going to be your new team meetings!
4. Do not shoot in crowded places and public transport. Avoid writing scenes that feature such locations.
5. Follow basic hygiene guidelines like sanitizing crew and equipment and maintaining social distance.
6. Short Films must be between 5 -15 minutes and Web Series (pilot episode) must be between 20 - 25 minutes in length. (Including End Credits)
7. Along with the first episode participants MUST submit a screenplay of the second episode and story outline of the rest of the season.
8. Films Completed between 01st September 2019 and 21st December 2020 are eligible to apply.
9. DGMC Cine Voyage has been the right to use the footage for marketing purposes
Rules and regulation for short film and the webisode:
1. The Cine Voyage Short Film & Web Series Competition 2021 is free to enter.
2. One participant may submit only one entry per category.
3. All entries must be accompanied by one poster and three production stills .
4. No third Party Websites should be used for the editing process.
5. For the Amateur and Professional category, teams have to use a professional film camera with at least 1080p/2k/4k video capture.
6. In the professional category, to assure noiseless sound quality, an external microphone could be used. The final rendered films should be submitted in 1080p/2k/4k only.
7. The final video must be uploaded in MP4/MOV/MPEG-4 format.
8. Teams can use pre-recorded music provided the team has the copyright to the music. 9. If teams are unable to compose or have any original music, they can use copyright-free music in the film. If the teams are using copyrighted material, they have to restrict their usage to 15 seconds, maximum.
10. Films & Web Series must be graded
11. Entries must include the word ‘Cine voyage’ in the video title sequence.
12. Subtitles are compulsory for films for films/webisodes in all languages
13 . The participants must mention if the film has been entered in any other film festival. The entry must not be available on any public streaming platform.
14. The films will be submitted via email. Make sure that you send the synopsis with the film and an unlisted YOUTUBE link of the film.
15. The deadline for submission is 18 hrs, IST, 23rd of January, 2021. No entries will be entertained after.
16. Films once entered cannot be withdrawn.
17. DGMC and Project Parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify films deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
18. In case of any controversy or dispute, the word of the organizers shall be final.