Cine Sony is home to Hollywood blockbusters in Spanish, featuring uncut box office favorites, critically acclaimed dramas, hit comedies, adrenaline fueled action movies, suspenseful horror, and family favorites. Cine Sony features a wide variety of movies such as The Amazing Spider-Man, The Equalizer, American Hustle, Open Season, Evil Dead, and Grown Ups.
In partnership with NALIP, Cine Sony is proud to announce the first annual Voces Nuevas – A Cine Sony Short Film Contest which will provide a platform to showcase and champion the talent and creativity of aspiring filmmakers.
Grand Prize: A Grand Prize winner will be awarded $10,000, a trip to Los Angeles, California from June 19-23, 2019 to attend the 2019 NALIP Media Summit and to meet with Sony Pictures Entertainment executives, and a NALIP Scholarship. The trip package includes 1 coach class plane ticket, 5 nights’ accommodation in one hotel room determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and $600 spending money. The NALIP Scholarship will include: (a) one (1) year Media Maker Basic Membership; (b) access meetings/mentorship that occur throughout the year; and (c) a complimentary pass to NALIP tentpole events, such as the “NALIP Media Summit” (basic pass; access to keynotes and gala are not included), Latino Media Fest, and, if applicable, the “Diverse Women in Media Initiative”. The Media Maker Basic Membership includes: discounted member rates for the “Latino Lens” workshop and waived fees for the “Latino Media Market” application. The Grand Prize has a combined approximate retail value of $15,600.
First Prize: A First Prize winner will be awarded $5,000.
Second Prize: A Second Prize winner will be awarded $2,500.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest begins on 10/20/18 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on 1/31/19 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For Official Rules and complete details, visit https://www.cinesony.com/special/voces-nuevas.
How to Enter (subject to Official Rules):
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Participants cannot submit more than 2 submissions per name or email.
- Each participant must create a video in length between 2 minutes and 20 minutes.
- Participants must be the sole creator of their content.
- Participants video must have been completed within the last three years (October 2015 or later)
- Your video must be submitted in the following format: (i) Codec: ProRes 422 HQ; (ii) Resolution: 1920 x 1080; (iii) Frame rate: 23.98; (iv) Audio: 48 KHz 24 bit audio stereo; (v) File types: AV1, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP and 3G2.
- If your video is in Spanish, your submission must have English subtitles. If it’s submitted in English, the submission must have Spanish subtitles.
- The content may not have been exhibited on broadcast TV, cable or licensed to a streaming platform (user generator content platforms are okay).
- Participant must submit a Director’s Statement. Once you’ve uploaded a project, under “View Project”, click on “Add Director Biography” to complete your Director’s Statement in the space provided. Your Director Statement shouldn’t be more than 400 words and it should include the following:
(i) the genesis of the project (where the idea came from);
(ii) why is the project important?;
(iii) why you’re the only one who can tell this story (what do you bring to the table that is unique to this project?);
(iv) what are your cinematic aspirations and influences?;
(v) what are the visual and technical approaches you took that make the film unique?
(vi) has the film been screened at any film festival?
- If you’re selected as potential winner, you will be notified via email on or around May 17, 2019.
Sony Pictures Terms of Service: http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/tos.html
NALIP’S Terms of Service: https://www.nalip.org/terms1