Cine Sony is home to Hollywood blockbusters in Spanish, featuring uncut box office favorites, critically acclaimed dramas, hit comedies, adrenaline fueled action movies, suspenseful horror, and family favorites. Cine Sony features a wide variety of movies such as The Amazing Spider-Man, The Equalizer, American Hustle, Open Season, Evil Dead, and Grown Ups.
In partnership with NALIP, Cine Sony is proud to announce The 2nd Annual Voces Nuevas – A Cine Sony Short Film Contest which will provide a platform to showcase and champion the talent and creativity of aspiring filmmakers.
First Prize: A First Prize winner will be awarded $10,000, a trip to Los Angeles, California from June 24-28, 2020 to attend the 2020 NALIP Media Summit and to meet with Sony Pictures Entertainment executives, a NALIP Scholarship, and an opportunity for his/her Content to be featured on the Cine Sony channel. The trip package includes 1 coach class plane ticket, 5 nights’ accommodation in one hotel room determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and $600 spending money. The NALIP Scholarship will include: (a) one (1) year Media Maker Basic Membership; (b) access meetings/mentorship that occur throughout the year; and (c) a complimentary pass to NALIP tentpole events, such as the “NALIP Media Summit” (basic pass; access to keynotes and gala are not included), Latino Media Fest, and, if applicable, the “Diverse Women in Media Initiative”. The Media Maker Basic Membership includes: discounted member rates for the “Latino Lens” workshop and waived fees for the “Latino Media Market” application. The First Prize has a combined approximate retail value of $15,600.
Second Prize: A Second Prize winner will be awarded $5,000, a complimentary pass to the 2020 NALIP Media Summit, and an opportunity for his/her Content to be featured on the Cine Sony channel.
Third Prize: A Third Prize winner will be awarded $2,500, a complimentary pass to the 2020 NALIP Media Summit, and an opportunity for his/her Content to be featured on the Cine Sony channel.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest begins on 1/13/2020 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on 3/8/2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For Official Rules and complete details, visit https://www.cinesony.com/special/voces-nuevas.
How to Enter (subject to Official Rules):
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Participants cannot submit more than 2 submissions per name or email.
- Each participant must create a video in length between 2 minutes and 20 minutes.
- Participants must be the sole creator of their content.
- Participants video must have been completed within the last three years (January 1, 2017 or later)
- Unless otherwise permitted by Sponsor, your Content must be submitted in the following format:
(i) Codec: ProRes 422 HQ
(ii) Resolution: 1920 x 1080
(iii) Frame rate: 23.98
(iv) Audio: 48 KHz 24 bit audio stereo
(v) File types: AV1, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP and 3G2.
- If your video is in Spanish, your submission must have English subtitles. If it’s submitted in English, the submission must have Spanish subtitles.
- The content may not have been exhibited on broadcast TV, cable or licensed to a streaming platform (user generator content platforms are okay).
- Participant must submit a Director’s Statement. Once you’ve uploaded a project, under “View Project”, click on “Add Director Biography” to complete your Director’s Statement in the space provided. Your Director’s Statement shall be approximately 400 words and shall include the following:
(i) the genesis of the project (where the idea came from);
(ii) why is the project important?;
(iii) why you’re the only one who can tell this story (what do you bring to the table that is unique to this project?);
(iv) what are your cinematic aspirations and influences?;
(v) what are the visual and technical approaches you took that make the film unique?
(vi) What is your hope for the audience’s response?
(vii) Has the film been screened at any film festivals?
Sometime on or around May 1, 2020, the potential Finalists will be notified via email. The potential Finalists will be required to follow the instructions provided in the notification and to take all steps required to accept the Finalist opportunity within 48 hours after the time the notification message was sent or forfeit the Finalist opportunity. Sometime on or around May 19, 2020, the potential winners will be notified via email, to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and to obtain his/her complete contact information. Any such message will instruct the potential winner to reply as specified within 48 hours after the time that the notification message was sent. Potential winners must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such 48 hour period, or he/she will be disqualified.
Sony Pictures Terms of Service: http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/tos.html
NALIP’S Terms of Service: https://www.nalip.org/terms1