The CineOdyssey Film Festival showcases diverse, contemporary films from around the world, featuring cutting edge works by filmmakers of color from the African, Caribbean, Latino, Asian, and Native American diasporas, as well as the U.S.
It serves to bring together diverse audiences, bridge cultural understanding, and encourage the artistic development of aspiring filmmakers. Through workshops, panel discussions, celebrated guest speakers, and educational programming throughout the year, the festival's intent is to entertain, enlighten, empower, and engage. The impressive lineup of films boldly address the multicultural issues of today, which meet at the intersection of race, class, and gender, as well as celebrating the creative craft of the art form.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Regional Film (North Carolina or South Carolina, short or feature)
Best Documentary Film
Best Animated Film
Best Smartphone Film
Best Web Series
ELIGIBILITY: PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS IN DETAIL
• Films produced, directed, and starring a person who is of African, Caribbean, Latino, Asian, Native American, or African American descent. If producer or director is not a person of color, the film must at least star or prominently feature an actor/actress of the above ethnicities.
• Films will NOT be accepted if...
- showcased in any North Carolina film festival less than six months before the 2019 CineOdyssey Film Festival.
(Preference will be given to films that have a "Charlotte Premier" status with the CineOdyssey Film Festival)
- produced prior to Jan 1, 2018.
- screening on any digital platform (i.e., Vimeo, YouTube, websites, etc.) before submission or acceptance in the 2019 CineOdyssey Film Festival.
• DVD/BluRay, Digital File, or DCP.
RULES & TERMS:
• Total running time for short films must not exceed 30 minutes, features, 120 minutes.
• English subtitles must be included in foreign language films.
• Students must be at least a high school senior. Proof of enrollment with either a school photo I.D. or a letter from a school official at an accredited high school or college is required.
• Entry fees must be paid in USD and are nonrefundable.
- Nonstudent Films: $20.19 by February 8 (early deadline)
- Student Films: $15.00 by February 8 (early deadline)
- Submission fees will increase from February 9 to March 29 (regular deadline) and March 30 to June 14 (late deadline).
• All submissions must include a trailer and promotional materials (i.e., photo stills, poster, one-sheets), authorized for CineOdyssey Film Festival to use for publicity purposes.
• Films must be submitted either electronically through Vimeo (with link and password) or as a DVD/Blue Ray mailed to the following address:
CineOdyssey Film Festival
4022 Canterbrook Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28269
• All films submitted and accepted will NOT be returned unless filmmakers provide prepaid packaging. CineOdyssey Film Festival will not pay for return shipping nor be responsible for lost, misdirected, or damaged submissions.
• If film is officially selected, filmmakers must provide two preview copies and have festival acceptance/release paperwork, electronic press kit materials, and checklist completed and submitted NO LATER THAN June 28, 2019. We DO NOT provide screening fees.
Any additional queries should be sent to email@example.com.