The CineOdyssey Film Festival showcases diverse, contemporary films from around the world. It cultivates an appreciation of the moving image, inspires audiences, and bridges cultural understanding.
The three-day event will exhibit the works of filmmakers from the African, Caribbean, Latino, Asian, and Native American diasporas as well as the U.S. Panel discussions, guest speakers, film production and screenwriting workshops, and networking events will augment the festival.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Regional Film (North Carolina or South Carolina, short or feature)
Best Documentary Film
Best Animated Film
• Films must be produced or directed by a person who is African, Caribbean, Latino, Asian, Native American, or African American.
• Films will NOT be accepted if...
- showcased in any North Carolina film festival less than six months from the 2018 CineOdyssey Film Festival.
(Preference will be given to films that have a "Charlotte Premier" status with the CineOdyssey Film Festival)
- produced prior to Jan 1, 2017.
- screening on any digital platform (i.e., Vimeo, YouTube, websites, etc.) before submission or acceptance in the 2018 CineOdyssey Film Festival.
• DVD/BluRay, Digital File, or DCP.
RULES & TERMS:
• Total running time for short films must not exceed 30 minutes, features, 120 minutes.
• English subtitles must be included in foreign language films.
• Students must be at least a high school senior. Proof of enrollment with either a school photo I.D. or a letter from a school official at an accredited high school or college is required.
• Entry fees must be paid in USD and are nonrefundable.
- Nonstudent Films: $20.18 by February 28 (early deadline)
- Student Films: $15.00 by February 28 (early deadline)
- Submission fees will increase from March 1 to April 20 (regular deadline) and April 21 to June 15 (late deadline).
• All submissions must include a trailer and promotional materials (i.e., photo stills, poster, one-sheets), authorized for CineOdyssey Film Festival to use for publicity purposes.
• Films must be submitted either electronically through Vimeo (with link and password) or as a DVD/Blue Ray mailed to the following address:
CineOdyssey Film Festival
4022 Canterbrook Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28269
• All films submitted and accepted will NOT be returned unless filmmakers provide prepaid packaging. CineOdyssey Film Festival will not pay for return shipping nor be responsible for lost, misdirected, or damaged submissions.
• If film is officially selected, filmmakers must provide two preview copies and have festival acceptance/release paperwork, electronic press kit materials, and checklist completed and submitted NO LATER THAN June 29, 2018. We DO NOT provide screening fees.
Any additional queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.