We are Cincinnati's home for independent filmmakers.
The Cindependent Film Festival is a three-day festival focused on the support and development of independent filmmakers in Cincinnati, Ohio. The 2019 festival is August 28, 29, and 30th, 2019. There are additional filmmaker events on August 27th and September 1st.
We are a multi-genre festival and are accepting all genre types from all over the world.
The 2019 Festival will screen in the historic 1920s Woodward Theater, which was originally built as a silent movie house. This concert venue will be re-configured to accommodate our audiences and feature top of the line sound and video equipment. We also have additional locations to accommodate our screenplay reads, filmmaker lounge, and masterclasses.
We cultivate the entrepenuerial spirt of filmmaking through fantastic screenings, monetary and non-monetary awards, VIP and networking parties, live entertainment, filmmaker Q&As, live screenplay readings, and hosting artists from all over Ohio, the US, and the world.
Please note we are carefully reviewing for Ohio films (feature and short,) family and children shorts, student films, and music videos.
The Cindependent Film Festival awards five monetary grants during each festival. These are the Development Grant Awards, and are selected for exciting entrepreneurialism and expertise in filmmaking and screenplay writing.
There are additional distinctions awarded each year that do not have monetary attachments: Best Short Screenplay, Best Feature Screenplay, Best International Short, Best Ohio Short, Best US Short, Best Comedy Short, Best Drama Short, Best Family Short, Best Off-Kilter Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Feature Film, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director of a Short Film, Best Director of a Short Film.
Submitter only needs to submit to ONE genre, but will be considered in all appropriate categories.
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Cindependent Film Festival.
• All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
• By submitting a film to CFF, you grant the Cindependent Film Festival permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
• If your film has been selected, you will have 14 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCEPTANCE. If we do not hear from you within 14 days of notification, your selection may be revoked.
• All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
• Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final film) will be considered.
• We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept digital entries ONLY. Do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, or physical press kits.
• Films must have been produced no earlier than 2013.
• We have no premiere status requirements.
If accepted, the filmmaker is required to provide the festival a digital file (.mov, .mp4), for exhibition.
• In accordance with the Cindependent Film Festival policy, the entry fee is non-refundable.
• You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Cindependent Film Festival Festival.
You grant the Cindependent Film Festival the following:
• Permission to exhibit your film. Films must be available for screening during the festival, August 28-31, 2019, with a special screening of festival winners on September 1, 2019.
• Allow photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Cindependent Film Festival Festival website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow CFF to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. CFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the CFF.
• We are accepting short film (under 35 minutes), feature film (under 125 minutes), and screenplay submissions.
• Notification of selections will be made by July 14th, 2019.
• The Cindependent Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice. The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
• You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Entry fees will not be refunded.
• Entrants are encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival. Entrants receive 1-2 free full passes to the film festival for the duration of the film festival.
• Exceptions to these rules will not be made unless we make an exception.
For questions and inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org