We want your one-minute film!
Make a 60-second film for the 53rd Chicago International Film Festival and have the honor of having it seen every day before official selections at the Festival.
The Festival's theme this year is “Because Life Is a Movie!” and we are looking for great 60-second shorts that reflect this idea. The best films will be selected as finalists. If selected, your short film will be seen at this year’s Festival on a rotating basis before each screening at this year’s Festival, October 12-26.
The first place winner will receive a cash prize of $1,000 USD and will be presented before the Opening Night film and before Special Presentations at the Festival. All finalists will receive screen credits and be recognized in the official program book of the Festival.
Past 60-second intros for the Chicago International Film Festival can be viewed here:
Entries accepted July 1 through September 1, 2017
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
- All music and other copyrighted material used must be properly licensed.
- The length of all submissions must be 60 seconds. Please do not include any credits.
- Please include a title for your one-minute film.
- Submit Secure Online Screeners via FilmFreeway (link).
- You may submit as many films as you like, but an entry fee of $30 (US) and completed entry form/FilmFreeway submission must accompany EACH entry.
- Programming notifications will be sent via email before September 20, 2017.
- Because of the high volume of submissions, we are unable to provide feedback on why your film was/was not selected.
- If your film is selected, you will need to provide an electronic film still (not poster image) that is a minimum 300dpi, 4×6 and high quality.