Chennai International Documentary and Short Film Festival is the only event in Chennai exclusively run for documentaries. The festival has brought in many renowned filmmakers from across India to the city in the past. The festival has also collaborated with prestigious institutions such as Madras University, Loyola College, Madras Christian College, Ethiraj College, Periyar Thidal and Goethe Institute.
The idea behind the film festival is to promote and support documentary and short film culture (both viewing and making) in the state of Tamilnadu for which the city of Chennai is the administrative, economical and political capital.
To celebrate our 10th edition, we are introducing competition for Indian films in the festival for both documentaries and short films.
Documentary section :
Shubradeep Chakravorthy Memorial Award
Best Indian Long Documentary (40 min and above) : Rs.25,000/-
Best Indian Short Documentary (less than 40 min) : Rs.25,000/-
Short film section :
Arunmozhi Memorial Award
Best Indian Short Fiction : Rs.25,000/-
Best Tamil Short Fiction : Rs.25,000/-
1) There will be a competition for Indian short films and documentaries
2) There will be not any competition for international documentaries and short films; they will be screened under non competition section
3) No screening fee will be provided to selected and non selected films
4) Depending upon the local administration, the film festival will be held as an offline / physical event
5) Downloadable film files (MP4) should be sent for the selection
6 a) No travel support will be provided to the filmmakers who attend the film festival, if the festival takes place offline
b) Local stay will be provided to the filmmakers of the selected films, if the festival takes place offline
7) Films that promote or support hatred will not be admitted
8) Discussions will be organised via online if the filmmakers can't attend the festival physically
9) The films should have subtitles in English (if required)
10) Entry fee will not be returned
11) Selected films cannot be withdrawn by the filmmakers
12) The decision of the selection committees and jury is final
13) The film should have been produced within last 24 months.