In November, the Champéry Film Festival brings together lovers of mountain and adventure films and documentaries in Champéry, Valais, Switzerland.
Thanks to its careful programming and the presence of numerous speakers (directors, athletes and protagonists), its reputation extends beyond the borders.
The programming for Friday and Saturday revolves around the theme "Mountain and Adventure." Does this align with one of your creations? Don't wait any longer, submit now!
For its 8th edition, the Champéry Film Festival is setting up a short film competition on the theme "Flashback". This competition is open to all filmmakers, amateurs and professionals alike. Submissions are open until October 30, 2023.
Short Film "Flashback" Award
1st CHF 300.-
2nd CHF 200.-
3rd CHF 100.-
Conditions of participation in the Champéry Film Festival 2023 video competition
Please read these rules carefully before entering the Champéry Film Festival contest. By submitting a video, you agree to be bound by these official rules and declare that you meet all the requirements for authorization to participate in this contest.
How to enter?
You may enter from July 15, 2023 through October 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
Any natural person is eligible to participate.
Sending the files
The video files, as well as 5 to 10 photos of the shooting must be sent to the Champéry Film Festival via FilmFreeway.
If a group decides to send a joint entry, that group must designate one person as the proxy of the group participating in the contest and agreeing to these rules as well as to receive the prize on behalf of the group. The Champéry Film Festival declines all responsibility in case of disputes arising from or related to the video contest, within participating teams.
1. General rules of the contest
- Videos representing "endangerment" are not accepted.
- Videos submitted must not contain any copyrighted work (unless the participant owns the copyright). Use of unauthorized music may result in disqualification.
- The participant assures that he/she has all rights to the submitted video, an unrestricted right of use free of third party rights and that there is no infringement of individual rights when depicting persons. If one or more persons are recognizable, the persons concerned must consent to being published. The participant can guarantee this in writing on request. In the event of claims by third parties for infringement of their rights, the participant releases the Champéry Film Festival from all claims. The computer-edited videos must not contain any images from magazines, books, purchased CDs, etc.
2. Special rules concerning the submission of a video
- Video theme: Flashback (short film) & Mountain Adventure
- Video length: 30 seconds minimum, 4 minutes maximum (short film)
- Video length : between 10 and 50 minutes (Mountain & Adventure)
Video format: .MP4, .MOV
Minimum resolution: HD
3. Concession of rights
All participants grant the Champéry Film Festival the non-exclusive rights to use the photos and videos submitted free of charge, without any restriction as to territory, duration or content, including the right to process them, in particular for use within the framework of the competition and its report, as well as for public relations and advertising purposes (regardless of the medium used), including print, Internet sites and social networks.
The Champéry Film Festival declines all responsibility in case of loss or possible deterioration of the files received.
5. Information on data protection
The Champéry Film Festival collects the personal information (name, first name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address) of the participants. This information will only be used to contact the candidates.
Originality and creativity are the key words.
Publication of the winners
Selected entrants will be notified by the end of October 2023. The winning videos will be screened during the Festival on Saturday, November 11, 2023 and published on the website www.ChamperyFilmFestival.ch and on the Festival's social networks.
Before submitting a video, you must obtain permission from all recognizable persons. You can use a general permission form for this purpose. If you make it to the finals, the contest sponsor may present you with a release form to be signed by each person appearing and recognizable in your participant's photo/video to give the sponsor permission to publish the video or representation of the person in question.
Documents sent without the required information and that do not meet the conditions for participation will be considered void.
Once submitted, videos may not be edited, modified or replaced. The committee may, at its sole discretion, delete or disqualify any video submitted or any entrant deemed unacceptable or not in compliance with the requirements for any reason.