*Vancouver International Film Center is having some exciting renovations and so are we! Dancinema has no scheduled events in Vancouver, including Cascadia 2020, at this time. We are in post-production on the great content we've been invested in for years and are exited to share it with you.*
Dancinema will be hosting the 4th annual CAPITOL Dance & Cinema Festival in Washington, D.C. this Autumn 2020. Films submitted to this page will also be considered for other screening at events across North America, and opportunities available through Dancinema's other educational programs and partnerships.
* * *
A Brief History of Cascadia:
- 23 short films
- Feature Film Previews Screening & Audience Survey
- American Tap documentary feature film screening co-presented with Vancouver Tap Dance Society plus Tap Dance in Media Panel with Andrew Nemr, Max Pollak, Danny Nielson, Demi Remick & Jen Ray
- Screendance Forum partnership and podcast interviews with: Maxime Beauchamp and Kent Donguines of Aimer Films inc., George Turnbull, Erin Cheung of Ouro Collective.
- Discover Dancinema workshop with Jen Ray co-presented with Shine Dance Festival
- Future in Focus Panel with Tamara Thompson Levi (Shine Dance Festival) , Valerie Poulin & Robbert-Jan Brems (Danse Bloom) and talk "Don't Follow Your Dreams" by Danielle Jeal.
2018: 30 short films. Programmer Panel, exclusive filmmaker interviews, Standard Vision Awards & Summer Showcase, with closing party in September in L.A.
2017: 20 short films, The Meeting of Minds Forum, Dancefilm Workshops
2016: 55 short films, 9 feature films, Youth Program, Dance Workshops, The Meeting of Machines Performances.
Read More Here: https://www.cascadiadcfestival.com/about-history
From the Director, Jen Ray:
"The CASCADIA Dance & Cinema Festival grew out of a desire to connect those involved & interested in the arts & industries of Dance & Cinema. These art forms have incredible potential to communicate through movement & not only move viewers emotionally, but amplify & clarify each other when intelligently combined. Dance and Film, through their science & essence, beautifully enable & and elevate each other. This Festival is focused on celebrating & sharing a high calibre & diverse range of programming."
Audience Choice - every film is scored between 0 and 10 by audience members at the screening
Standard Vision Showcase Award
Read more here: http://standard.vision/labs/july-19-sept-19-sv-showcase-selections-from-cascadia-dance-cinema-festival/
• All works must be original and Entrants must own the rights or have permission to use the materials included in their videos and performances.
• Entrant(s) confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of images, audio and video clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.