After a long pause due to the pandemic, Dancinema's Canadian homecoming is on the horizon. Save the dates: August 23-31 2024 @ Vancouver, BC.
* * *
Cascadia Dance & Cinema Festival is presented by Dancinema. Here is a brief history of Cascadia's live programming in Vancouver:
- 23 short films
- Feature Film Previews Screening & Audience Survey
- American Tap documentary feature film screening co-presented with Vancouver Tap Dance Society plus Tap Dance in Media Panel with Andrew Nemr, Max Pollak, Danny Nielson, Demi Remick & Jen Ray
- Screendance Forum partnership and podcast interviews with: Maxime Beauchamp and Kent Donguines of Aimer Films inc., George Turnbull, Erin Cheung of Ouro Collective.
- Discover Dancinema workshop with Jen Ray co-presented with Shine Dance Festival
- Future in Focus Panel with Tamara Thompson Levi (Shine Dance Festival) , Valerie Poulin & Robbert-Jan Brems (Danse Bloom) and talk "Don't Follow Your Dreams" by Danielle Jeal.
2018: 30 short films. Programmer Panel, exclusive filmmaker interviews, Standard Vision Awards & Summer Showcase, with closing party in September in L.A.
2017: 20 short films, The Meeting of Minds Forum, Dancefilm Workshops
2016: 55 short films, 9 feature films, Youth Program, Dance Workshops, The Meeting of Machines Performances.
Read More Here: https://www.cascadiadcfestival.com/about-history
From the Director, Jen Ray:
"The CASCADIA Dance & Cinema Festival grew out of a desire to connect those involved & interested in the arts & industries of Dance & Cinema. These art forms have incredible potential to communicate through movement & not only move viewers emotionally, but amplify & clarify each other when intelligently combined. Dance and Film, through their science & essence, beautifully enable & and elevate each other. This Festival is focused on celebrating & sharing a high calibre & diverse range of programming."
Audience Choice - every film is scored between 0 and 10 by audience members at the screening
Standard Vision Showcase Award
Read more here: http://standard.vision/labs/july-19-sept-19-sv-showcase-selections-from-cascadia-dance-cinema-festival/
• All works must be original and Entrants must own the rights or have permission to use the materials included in their videos and performances.
• Entrant(s) confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of images, audio and video clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.