The Carcosian Film Night is a year-round short film festival, exploring the frontiers of the occult, cosmic and folk horror genres. Multiple screenings will take place in Belgium during the year, at different venues, according to its budget and participants.
- Once you're selected, you're part of the Carcosian Family and your film will be screened the year of its selection (2024 currently). From February until November, the festival director's goal is to curate an impressive line-up every single Carcosian night.
- The first Carcosian Film night was a successful experiment at the Cinéma Galeries, right in the center of Brussels in a beautiful historic cinema. Our goal is to expand the Carcosian cinematographic territory, one year at a time.
- Main themes : The occult, folk horror and cosmic horror. Our selection criteria is the challenging aspect of each short both in its visuals and storytelling. Dark and intense, socially relevant, borderline experimental, our audience can take it. Each program feels like a descent into madness, that's our goal anyway.
- The first program will be screened the 8th of February in Brussels.
- The venue is confirmed (Cinéma Galeries)
- Stay tuned for more venues infos and dates.
- A new deadline will be announced for the Summer programs.
- The final website will be completed before 2024.
One film will be granted the Carcosian Award before the year is over.
1. The objective of Carcosian Film Night is to highlight visionnary filmmakers. Main themes : The occult, folk horror and cosmic horror. Our selection criteria is the challenging aspect of each short both in its visuals and storytelling. Dark and intense, socially relevant, borderline experimental, our audience can take it. The Carcosian ambition is to make each program feel like a descent into madness.
2. Once submitted a movie cannot be removed.
3. Only movies tied to the occult, folk horror and cosmicism will be accepted.
4. No production date earlier than 2021.
Maximum running time is 20 minutes, including credits.
5. If the spoken language is other than French, then subtitles in French or English must be provided (even if the spoken language is English).
6. Selected movies are eligible for the Carcosian Award at the end of the year
7. Selected movies must send a 2K DCP (available online)
We can recommend a good and affordable DCP service.
8. The transport of the films will be at the charge, risks and perils of the participants
9. Some movies might be screened twice, or at different venues.
10. Unfortunately, the Carcosian Film Night is still navigating trough humble beginnings. Thus, we can't cover the expenses related to transport, accommodation or stay of the filmmakers of selected movies.
11. The festival will not purchase any insurance for the loss, the theft or the damage of the selected films' copies, whether during their carriage, storage or screening.
12. The participants allow the Carcosian Film Night to use screenshots for promotional purposes. They also allow the Carcosian Film Night to reproduce a sample, not exceeding 2 minutes, that can be broadcast for promotional purposes on television or on the internet or that can be used to create a teaser.
13. The participation to the festival implies your commitment to the current rules. In case of conflict, only the English version of this regulation will count and only the Belgian Court of First Instance will be competent.
All submissions not respecting those terms will be rejected.