Capital City Black Film Festival of Austin, TX attracts a multicultural audience of filmmakers, artists, industry professionals and film lovers from around the world. We invite you to submit your narrative or documentary feature film, short film or music video to be considered for our 2019 program.
We are excited for our 7th year and because of you, we are on track to be one of the fastest growing film festivals in the region. This Labor Day weekend, Cap City BFF expects to present a slate of more than 80 films. Join us in this phenomenal season of growth – attendance, submissions and screenings have increased 200% from our inagural each year!
In addition to giving you a platform to showcase your work to fans and industry professionals, we create opportunities for you to network with industry experts and insiders to share ideas, make deals and enhance your career.
If you submitted your film in previous years, welcome back! If this is your first time submitting to the Capital City Film Festival, welcome to the family!
This category is a competition.
The Capital City Black Film Festival (CCBFF) welcomes features, shorts, documentary features and documentary/short films as well as music videos for its competitive program. CCBFF accepts film submissions from all filmmakers including student filmmakers; however, to be eligible for the festival’s competitive program, one of the film’s creative or actor principals, i.e. the writer, director, producer, lead actor must be Black or of African heritage. All other films will be considered for our invitational program. Please notify the festival in your application if your submission does not meet the requirements for the competitive program and you wish to be considered for the invitational program.
Feature films should be at least 60 minutes in length; short films should be 30 minutes in length or less. Music videos must be original and seven minutes or less.
By signing below you agree to the following Capital City Black Film Festival (CCBFF) Terms and Conditions, and indicate that you have read and understand the CCBFF entry guidelines and that you are authorized to submit this film and sign this submission form.
The following will apply if my film/video is selected:
1. My film/video will be screened during the CCBFF and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
2. My film/video will be shipped (at filmmaker's expense) in the exhibition format specified by the date set by CCBFF.
3. My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with the CCBFF.
4. A sample clip of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the CCBFF web site and CCBFF Vimeo and/or YouTube channels, unless other arrangements are made with the CCBFF.
5. I will permit the CCBFF to use all names and stills involved with my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film/video submissions:
1. The CCBFF retains the right to archive the submitted DVD screener copy of my film/video in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission.
3. CCBFF will conduct private screening sessions to review submissions, which may include my film/video.
4. CCBFF will not return any DVD screening copy submissions.
5. The CCBFF does not provide refunds on submission fees.