Welcome to the Cap-Off Screenplay Competition! Cap-Off is an international Screenplay Competition designed to support writers in every step of the way to make it from paper to screen.
“To make a great film you need three things – the script, the script and the script.”
– Alfred Hitchcock
We believe that the most important thing needed to make a great film is a great Script. The Cap-Off team consists of Directors, Actors, professional scriptwriters, producers, professors and many more to provide a platform for writers to further enhance their career within the industry by creating great networking. The winning screenplay also gets one-on-one mentorship by the Cap-Off team to further polish their scripts. Winners will also be invited to attend multiple film festivals around the world to network with industry professionals and network with diverse and experienced filmmakers.
Cap-Off understands the difficulty of having a great script get exposure in the industry with managers and production companies. With that in mind, we have great intentions to open doors for not just the Winners but also everyone who submits into our screenplay competition. Cap-Off will reward the winner with $1000, trophies, certificate, memberships, script polishing, gift cards and many more.
For our first year, Cap-Off will choose one winner to have their script funded to be made into a film. Our judges will collectively go through an intense examination to pick the best. This will be announced at the event.
The ‘Script with Feedback’ Category can only be purchased alongside another category. We aim to have your highly critiqued feedback by our judges within 3 weeks. Screenwriting feedback will allow from new writers to professional writers in-depth knowledge of what they can change/adapt and polish. All feedback is from a professional from the industry. This is useful for everyone.
We wish everyone luck in submissions and we look forward to seeing everyone at our event in London!
Cap-Off will reward the winners with $1000, trophies, certificate, memberships, one on one script polishing, gift cards and many more. For our first year, Cap-Off will choose one winner to have their script funded to be made into a film. Our judges will collectively go through an intense examination to pick the best.
Cap-Off Screenplay Competition accepts both produced and unproduced scripts. Please read our rules and guidelines before submitting:
1) Must be 18 and above to submit into the Cap-Off Screenplay Competition
2) All scripts must be submitted in English
3) All entries submitted to The Cap-Off Screenwriting Competition must be applicants original work, screenplays and any source material must be the original work of the author or must be given the right to submit
4) A writer may enter more than one screenplay; however, a separate entry form and fee are required for each script submitted. For more than one submission we provide waiver codes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Entry fees are non-refundable
6) The Cap-Off team will analyze the screenplays to determine the semi-finalists and finalists. Cap-Off decides who receives the cash reward
7) The ‘Script with Feedback’ Category can only be purchased alongside another category
Short Screenplay: 1 - 30 Pages
Feature Screenplay: 30+ Page
Teleplay (30 minutes): 1 - 35 Page
Teleplay (60 minutes) 31 - 65 Pages