The European Meeting of Young People’s Audiovisual Creation – Camera Zizanio began in 2001 as an initiative of Youth Plan in the framework of the Olympia International Film Festival for Children and Young People activities.
Camera Zizanio only accept films made by schoolchildren and young people under 20 years of age.
Camera Zizanio is not a Festival. As our name states, it is a “Meeting” which we believe is more important for us to come together, see creations by young people, chat, have fun, make friends and plan for the future.
A future common to all the people on this planet.
Camera Zizanio is a sphere of creative activity. Film workshops is the most dynamic events, with the participation of artists/educators from Greece and abroad and offer unique moments of creation to children and adolescents.
The awards bring out those creations of youth that are distinguished for the good use of the audiovisual means, the originality as well as for developing the communication among young people.
The jury of the Greek section metes:
• Three equivalent awards by category:
A –up to 12 years old, B- 13 to 16 years old, C- 17 to 20 years old.
• Award for the best animation
• Award of Media Literacy given by the Educational Television - Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs.
• Award of the Greek Ombudsman for children’s rights (to a movie distinguished for its social susceptibility)
• Award of Nikos Kavoukidis (the award is being accompanied by the benefit of the technical equipment for the realization of the creator’s next film)
• Award of The Stavrakos Cinema School (the award is been accompanied by a scholarship for studies in Cinema).
The jury of the European section metes:
• Three equivalent awards by category: A –up to 12 years old, B- 13 to 16 years old, C- 17 to 20 years old.
• One award for animation by category.
The Jury of the International section metes:
• One award in each age category (A’ – up to 12 years old, B’- from 13 to 16 years old, c’ – from 17 to 20 years old).
The jury may met any other distinctions to films with special qualities or virtues.
Acceptance of regulations: Participation in the competition means acceptance, with no reservations, of all regulations.
Camera Zizanio shows films created by children and young people under 20 years of age.
The films from Europe will participate at the European Competition Section of the Festival, and the non- European films at the International Section.
There’s also the Greek Competition Section with films from Greece.
The films of the Competition Sections are divided into three age categories:
A) Films by children aged up to 12 years old
B) Films by children from 13 to 16 years old
C) Films by children from 17 to 20 years old.
Entries must have been produced within the last two years.
Their duration must not exceed 10 min including front and back credits.
The ideas and messages must be your own. You may consult adults for technical advice and the final process.
Films can be sent in a digital file via internet or via our WeTransfer channel https://olympiafestival.wetransfer.com/. The submitted films will not be returned and will be kept as festival archive.
Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
There are no entry fees for Camera Zizanio. All costs related to the transportation of the preview copy and materials are the responsibility of the applicant.
Invitation of the filmmakers will depend on available budget.
If you are submitting more than one entry, a separate submission is required for each film, although they may be mailed together
To submit a film, you need to:
Fill in the online Entry Form
A copy of the film needs to be sent for pre-selection viewing
Two stills from each film (300dpi) via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All materials should arrive no later than 5 days after the deadline.
All materials must be sent to the address of the Festival’s organizers:
Olympia International Film Festival for Children and Young People
(For Camera Zizanio)
18 Rodos st., 11252,