WHO WE ARE
Cameo Launch is an online review platform that curates and highlights the best short films online.
We utilise our multiple content avenues of reviews, interviews, podcasts and social media to direct our audience to exceptional short films and remove the “choice paralysis” from online users looking for a solid recommendation for short form content. We also aim to draw attention to the creators of the short films that we review and recommend.
WHAT WE DO
We strive to showcase first class short film and first rate filmmakers. We do this by creating online entertainment content such as:
- Short Film Cinema: Filmmakers whose short films are currently on the film festival circuit can have their films included on our VOD platform on a one-month license. The films would be available to stream via a £1.49 2-day rental or as part of our subscription library, allowing them to receive revenue from their work.
- Weekly short film reviews: Our platform publishes written and video reviews in which we provide short film recommendations along with highlights of stand out aspects of each film. The reviews are accompanied by links to the films themselves allowing the viewer to go straight from our review to the film itself.
- The Cameo Launch Short Film Podcast: A film news and short film review podcast (video is also available via our YouTube channel). Our team gathers to discuss their short film recommendations as well as the latest goings on in the world of cinema and independent short film.
- Filmmaker interviews: Special episodes of our podcast include interviews with filmmakers whose films we have reviewed. In these episodes they discuss their experiences and insights gained in the making of their films. In our Filmmaker’s Choice segment, filmmakers also discuss other people’s short films that have made an impact on them.
Filmmakers can submit their films to one of the categories below.
REVIEW SHOWCASE - Best Short Films Online
Each month we select short films currently available to view for free online. They receive a video review from a member of the Cameo Launch team and are included in our list of recommended short films on our site as well as the Cameo Launch Short Film Podcast. The films themselves are linked to from the reviews from the filmmaker's hosting platform of choice, ensuring that any views generated by our reviews add to the views on the filmmaker's account.
Additionally, we invite the filmmakers of the selected films to appear on our podcast, in which they can share details of their film with our listeners.
SHORT FILM CINEMA - Best Short Films on the Festival Circuit
Cameo Launch Short Film Cinema is a VOD service featured alongside our short film review platform. Joining our reviews, interviews and podcasts, Cameo Launch Short Film Cinema offers the opportunity for filmmakers to open up their short films to global audiences while still on the film festival circuit.
Filmmakers can have their work included in a line-up of premium content showing the very best of what short film has to offer. The short films accepted to this platform are available for a month and users can access them via a two-day rental or by subscribing to the Short Film Cinema in order to access the entirety of our line up at any time.
Films can also include additional bonus videos including ‘making of’ videos, trailers, interviews or any other relevant bonus content that the filmmaker sees fit to provide.
Accepted films are licensed on a monthly basis with fees being paid directly to the filmmaker/rights holder with additional revenue options available via users streaming their films from our platform via the £1.49 2-day rental feature.
Short films selected for our showcase will be eligible to receive the following awards and benefits:
- Inclusion in the line up of written and video short film reviews appearing on cameolaunch.com
- Filmmakers invited to appear on the Cameo Launch Short Film Podcast
- Film embedded on the Cinema page from its host platform
- A "Cameo Launch Recommends" laurel, which can be included with any applicable promotional material that the filmmaker/rights holder sees fit to use
SHORT FILM CINEMA
- License fee paid to the filmmaker/rights holder to have their film included in the line up of Festival Short Films on the Cinema page of the Cameo Launch site.
- Revenue share of the paid downloads of their short film
- Filmmakers invited to appear on the Cameo Launch Short Film Podcast
- An "Official Selection" laurel indicating the inclusion of the film on the Cameo Launch Cinema page, available to use in any applicable promotional material that the filmmaker/rights holder sees fit to create
Any individual submitting a short film for any category must be 18 years old or older to enter.
Films can be up to 30 minutes long (although films of 15 minutes or less are preferred).
Submitted films can be up to 3 years old
Country of Origin:
Submitted films may originate from any country in the world.
Cameo Launch is an English-speaking platform, as such all submitted films must either be in the English language or contain English language subtitles.
Review Showcase - Submitted films can be in general release on any free-to-view platform
Short Film Cinema Showcase - Films must not be available on any free-to-view platform. Availability via a paid service is permitted.
Submitted films may have distribution in place, in which case submissions must be made by the distribution rights holder or with the distribution rights holder's consent. Cameo Launch reserves the right to ask for proof of such consent at any time.
Any films submitted for any category must have all rights cleared including the use of any licensed footage or music. By submitting your film, you are declaring that you possess such rights and Cameo Launch will not bear responsibility for the violations of any copyright agreements, should these rights not be cleared prior to submission.
What We Are Looking For:
This festival is a platform for narrative filmmaking and includes all genres with the exception of promotional videos, music videos, experimental films that do not contain a clear narrative and trailers for films not appearing in the showcase.
We absolutely exclude any racist, sexist, homophobic, religiously or culturally prejudicial, pornographic or obscene content.
Cameo Launch has no requirement that your film have premiere status, nor does Cameo Launch require exclusive rights to the film. Preference will be given to films seeking to premiere on the Cameo Launch platform, so please inform us if you intend to submit your film on this basis.
The fees charged for submissions are for your film to be considered. This does not guarantee that your film will be accepted or presented on the Cameo Launch platform. As such, we do not operate a refund policy internally, so please be 100% certain you wish to submit your film before doing so. As submissions are made via FilmFreeway, their refund policies in relation to payments made through their platform constitute the ultimate rule on this matter.
Cameo Launch reserves the right to display your film in whole or in part on its website, social media or newsletter for the purposes of exhibition and promotion (where applicable). This will include the use of promotional materials provided by the rights holder. Cameo Launch reserves the right to retain the film as part of its content for the duration of the exhibition period of the season of this festival that it is accepted for, but following this period, the content owner is free to request the removal of their film from the Cameo Launch platform. Similarly, Cameo Launch retains the right to remove the film from its platform at the conclusion of its licensed season.
Cameo Launch will credit the author and key cast and crew of the selected film as part of the review in which the film is presented.
Review Showcase: If your film is accepted, Cameo Launch will require a link and embed code for your film, enabling it to be included in our review and played in full HD (1920x1080) or higher.
Short Film Cinema Showcase: If your film is selected into this category, Cameo Launch will require video files in H.264 mp4 or .mov format for both the film and trailer if a trailer exists. Resolution will need to be a minimum of 1920x1080 and subtitled in English if English is not the original language.
For all categories: Cameo Launch will require accompanying materials such as a poster in jpeg or png format (portrait and landscape - recommended image size 1994 x 2880 px), cast & crew list, synopsis, any available promotion and production stills.
Cameo Launch may include the film or associated imagery in its promotions, including promotional videos, online newsletters and social media.
For further information please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.