Cambio International Short Film Days is a pioneering showcase of independent cinema in Berlin after Istanbul. Our goal is to bring the best in films.
Cambio International Short Film Days is a mission-oriented non-profit art organization structured by a group of artists inspired carries out its activities with the awareness that the desire brings responsibilities as much as the need, which bases its relationship with life on ‘cambio’ it instead of ‘building’ in nomadic thoughts along with people and geographies.
The association aims to contribute to the presence and visibility of experimental film and arts by doing screenings, exhibitions, performances, and training workshops, in collaboration with curators, artists, art spaces, and organizations around the world.
In addition, Cambio Shorts & Talks is the head organization of the Cambio International Short Film Days.
We support visionaries that prevail beyond cinematic confines. Our priority here is to showcase films made primarily for aesthetic and philosophical reasons rather than commercial profit. We hope to give gifted international artists and filmmakers an opportunity to show their talent in all facets and forms that their craft demands. Regardless of whether you are an emerging artist or an established professional, we would like to encourage you to submit your work. It is artists like you that keep the horizon of moving images sharp and in focus so art may endure.
1. Submitted movies must be under 30 minutes.
2. Submitted movies must be completed after 2021.
3. All films that are not in English, must have English subtitles.
4. Submission fees are non-refundable and non-reimbursable under any circumstances; Cambio International Film Festival, Berlin does not reimburse any submission fees for films who are not selected for the festival program, or who withdrew their submissions at any time.
5. The applicant must send the movie via a link to a video streaming platform.
6. Only one person from the filmmaking team needs to register.
7. Non-exclusive: the film may have been screened or entered into festivals prior to or after application. There are no restrictions if there was a prior screening.
8. Films that are submitted must be the applicant's original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Applicants agree that they have obtained all the required copyright permissions for their movies.
9. Only the selected films will be screened at Cambio International Film Festival, Berlin.
10. Cambio International Short Film Days, Berlin organisers reserve the right to re-schedule the dates and categories and notify these changes to the applicants.
11. Cambio International Short Film Days, Berlin organisers do not take any responsibility for postponing the event because of a possible new Covid-19 etc. counter-measures of the city.
12. Cambio International Short Film Days, Berlin holds the right to:
• Use the selected films for trailers and publicity usage
• Screen the winning films in other related events inside Germany, and recommend the winning films to other international film festivals that collaborate with Cambio International Film Festival, Berlin after the approval of the filmmakers.
Please make sure to include the following in your submission:
- Film file / Link with English subtitles (unless the film is in English)
- Trailer (if available)
- Poster (if available)
- One photo of the filmmaker and a short biography
- Short description of the film