For the first time in Bay Area. An event to inspire curiosity and conversation, and allow Children & Young Adults to experience a wide range of cultural perspectives through film & theater.
Best Animated Short
Best Short by a Youth Filmmaker
• GENERAL RULES
• Rules for Participation
1. Dates and Venue
The absolute final deadlines are as dictated on FilmFreeway. Category winner is announced after the festival. The venue for the festival will be announced closer to the date of the event.
The festival reserves the right to place entries into alternative categories if they feel it is to the benefit of the title. Each submission must be entered separately. Entries will be assessed and successful submissions will be programmed for screening and enter the festival competition. Failure to submit a screener copy four weeks prior to the festival will rule out eligibility for an award. If your film is selected we reserve the right to show your film at a date and time of our choosing.
Content must be original and suitable for viewing by school age children. No profanity or graphic depictions of violence, please.
Accepted formats accepted include: Blu Ray, .Mov, Mp4
You can upload your film to a cloud drive such as iCloud, Drop Box, etc. If using Google Photos or Google Drive, do not just copy the file URL as that keeps the file private. Use the share icon and click “Get Link” or “Get Sharable Link.” This will ensure judges can view your film.
Address for sending media drives:
BASAFF CYFF 2019
2437 Balmoral Street,
Union City, CA - 94587
All films must have english subtitles.
The festival directors reserve the right to invite films for the competition and program. Screening schedule will be announced after the final submission deadline. The final award winning entries will be selected by a festival jury and audience votes. Award winners will be notified within 14 days of the festival screenings.
5. Entry Returns
We do not return submission entries.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that films for screening are deposited with the festival organizers at least 21 days before any scheduled screening.
We reserve the right to use extracts from submissions for festival publicity and marketing purposes. Press kits are not required, but are useful, so please feel free to send these with your submissions.
By submitting your film you agree to the following BASAFF Terms and Conditions, and indicate that you have read and understood the BASAFF entry guidelines.
The following will apply if my film/video is selected:
1. My film/video will be screened during the Bay Area South Asian Children & Youth Film Festival and will be eligible to win an award.
2. My film/video will be shipped in one of the exhibition formats speciﬁed on the BASAFF listing.
3. My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with the BASAFF.
4. I will permit the BASAFF to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film/video submissions:
1. The BASAFF retains the right to archive the submitted screener copy of my film/video (excluding 16mm prints) in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission.
2. The BASAFF will conduct private screening sessions to review submissions, which may include my film/video.
3. The BASAFF does not provide refunds on submission fees.
4. films should NOT be available publicly on any digital platform online