Be the catalyst for promoting mutual understanding through the arts by celebrating the creativity and spirit of the community.
The CTAF Animation Shorts Event welcomes all works from the community in New York and the global community with a focus on works by Asian American and/or Asian artists.
Film Length: 10 minutes or shorter
Vintage: No limitation
Content: Acceptable to General Audience
CTAF Animation Shorts Event Submission Guidelines:
1. Film entrants must submit through FilmFreeway/CTAF
2. Each film must be in English spoken language or with English subtitle
3. All submissions shall also include a brief bio of the artists, graduation year from college or animation program, self-identified Asian heritage, a short description of the film and marketing images including but not limited to still images, posters, trailers, audio and written information
By submitting the film, artistic work, and/or any other audiovisual materials (“Submitted Work”) to the Crazy Talented Asians & Friends Event ("CTAF"), Participant hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. Participant represents and warrants that Participant is the sole owner or is otherwise authorized to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and digitally transmit the Submitted Work, and as such, is authorized to license the Submitted Work to CTAF and Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts, d/b/a Flushing Town Hall (“Organizer”) for public display and digital transmission. Participant further represents and warrants that it has secured limited proprietary rights for the Submitted Work, including, but not limited to, the copyright and trademark rights of all third party content, including, but not limited to, third party images and audio or voice recordings utilized in the Submitted Work, and is authorized to license all third party content used in the Submitted Work to Organizer for public display, use in any publicity, marketing, or advertising materials, and digital transmission.
2. Participant agrees that it shall retain written proof of all proprietary right and that it will keep such proof on file for a period of five years after the date of CTAF and will forward such proof upon request by Organizer.
3. Participant agrees to defend against, and to fully indemnify and forever hold harmless Organizer, its employees, personnel, sponsors, partners, producers and representatives, including sponsors and producers of CTAF, (each, an “Indemnitee”), individually and collectively, from and against, any and all third-party (whether governmental or non-governmental) actions, causes of action, claims, proceedings, investigations or demands (collectively, “Claims”) that may be brought against an Indemnitee or any of its subsidiaries, successors, or assigns by anyone (whether governmental or non-governmental) arising in whole or in part from (i) Participant’s failure to obtain the necessary contracts and releases with or from all parties whose names, likenesses, testimonials, scripts, or musical compositions are used in the Submitted Work, or (ii) any negligent or intentional act or omission on the part of the Participant, whether such Claims are asserted by third-party complaint, cross-claim or otherwise, or whether such claims are asserted for indemnity, contribution or otherwise. This obligation shall extend to all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including settlement costs and reasonable attorney’s fees.
4. Participant agrees that the Organizer shall have the right to decide the participating films in full or in part. Participant agrees that it shall grant a royalty-free perpetual license to the Organizer to screen its Submitted Work and to use portions of the Submitted Work including the title, select film clips, snippets of dialogue or scenes, publicity stills, log-line, as well as Participant’s name and likeness in any publicity, marketing, or advertising materials to promote CTAF or Organizer.
5. Participant agrees that it shall not withdraw its Submitted Work or cancel its scheduled screening once the Submitted Work is selected for CTAF and any promotional efforts for the event or screening are made by the Organizer without Organizer’s express consent. If Participant violates this Term, Participant agrees to reimburse Organizer for any reasonable expenses arising from any promotional or marketing efforts involved in promoting the Submitted Work or any reasonable expenses arising from publicly exhibiting the Submitted Work as part of the CTAF event within 30 days of the cancelled event or screening.
6. Participant agrees to grant a royalty-free perpetual license to the Organizer to transfer the submitted screener to a required media format for screening, if needed, and that such reformatted media may be used for any promotional, marketing, advertising, or fundraising purposes by the Organizer.