Partnered with Cineworld Cinemas Bute Street Festival has quickly forged a reputation of screening only the best in independent films. Films ranging from award winning up and coming Director Michael Beddoe's short film 'Sequins' currently storming the international festival circuit to Elijah Woods BAFTA award winning independent feature film 'Set Fire to the Stars'.
Spread over 4 days Bute Street Festival has created a significant platform for independent artists and creatives with genuine exposure to the commercial market. As well as walking away with a custom made award, the trailers of all of the winning films get played at Cineworld's cinemas across the East of England. This coupled with amazing networking opportunities, industry talks, labs and seminars in collaboration with the BFI Bute Street Festival is not to be missed.
- Best Film Award.
- Breakthrough Film Award.
- Director's Choice Award.
- Winning film trailers played in 17 Cineworld cinemas across the East of England.
- Best Music Video Award.
- Winning artist gets to headline the closing ceremony.
- There are no premiere requirements to submit your film to Bute Street Festival.
- All accepted films must provide a download of the full film, a still/poster, a link to a trailer and a short synopsis of the film.
- Q&As are an important part of what we do, so if you are unable to attend the festival please make yourself available for a Skype interview or prepare a pre-recorded video.
- Music artists must state within their submission if they are available across the festival dates.