Supported by the ICO, BFI Network and Culture Trust Luton, Bute Street Festival has quickly forged a reputation of screening and showcasing only the best in independent films, art, and music. Films ranging from award winning up and coming Director Michael Beddoe's short film 'Sequins' to Elijah Woods BAFTA award winning independent feature film 'Set Fire to the Stars'. As well as an art gallery and music line up crammed with some of the coolest, award winning, and ground breaking artists.
Spread over 3 days Bute Street Festival has created a significant platform for independent artists and creatives with genuine exposure to the commercial market. This coupled with amazing networking opportunities, industry talks, labs and seminars in collaboration with the BFI, Bute Street Festival is not to be missed.
- Best Film Award.
- Breakthrough Film Award.
- Director's Choice Award.
- Best Artist Award.
- Best Music Award.
- Winning music artist gets to headline the closing ceremony.
- There are no premiere requirements to submit your film to Bute Street Festival.
- All accepted films must provide a download of the full film, a still/poster, a link to a trailer and a short synopsis of the film.
- Q&As are an important part of what we do, so if you are unable to attend the festival please make yourself available for a Skype interview or prepare a pre-recorded video.
- Music artists must state within their submission if they are available across the festival dates.
- Artist must supply some copy about themselves and each art piece that they submit.
- The decision of the festival on what is chosen to screen is final and we will not engage in correspondence regarding it.
- Submission discounts beyond the FilmFreeway Gold membership are not available.