Burbank, California is the Media Capital of the world and it's here that Hollywood filmmaking first began. As such, our mission is to promote up-and-coming artists by providing a gateway to expand their careers in the center of the entertainment industry. We shine a light on the unknown artist of today, helping them become the celebrated filmmakers of tomorrow. As such, we are committed to providing a unique filmmaker and film festival experience few can offer.
BIFF also attracts and welcomes film Distributor's looking for a variety of products to market and sell throughout the world. Distributor's need films for theatrical, DVD, VOD, internet streaming as well as other online and worldwide distribution platforms. We pride ourselves on not only being able to put festival filmmakers in direct contact with distributors looking for fresh content, but have successfully secured distribution deals for many of the festival films.
The fourteenth annual Burbank International Film Festival begins with an Opening Night Ceremony, Featured films and Gala Reception. The four-day festival includes film screenings, Q & A's featuring celebrities and industry professionals, red carpet receptions, parties and special events that will culminate with the Closing Night Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony on the final day.
BIFF also honors Industry Icons in the world of film, music and art. These include, (IRON MAN 3) Writer/Director Shane Black, (JAWS) Screenwriter Carl Gottlieb, Award-winning Actor John Savage (DEER HUNTER), Lou Ferrigno (THE INCREDIBLE HULK), MODERN FAMILY star Ariel Winter, Academy Award-winning Make-up Artists Stan Winston (TERMINATOR 2 & 3), Michael Westmore (all STAR TREK SERIES), Creature and Concept Designer Neville Page (OBLIVION, AVATAR), Academy Award-winning Animation Directors Brenda Chapman BRAVE) and Jennifer Yuh Nelson (KUNG FU PANDA 2 & 3) and award-winning composers Marco Beltrami (A QUIET PLACE, WORLD WAR Z), and Christopher Young (SPIDERMAN 3) to name a few.
Burbank is the preeminent Media and Entertainment Capitol of the World. The grandeur of its skyline is comprised of the world's best studios and production houses which include Warner Brothers, Disney, The Burbank Studios, Universal Pictures, ABC, NBC, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network to name a few. Burbank prides itself on a high quality of life, combining 21st century technology with a small-town feel.
The Burbank International Film Festival captures its home city's rich history and movie making magic by promoting fresh pieces of cinematic art by up and coming filmmakers from around the globe. We shine a light on the brilliant unknown talents of today, leading them to become the celebrated filmmakers of tomorrow.
BIFF also continues to introduce new award categories to keep its festival at the forefront of the industry.
A beautiful 12" tall custom-designed crystal-based BIFF Award is presented to the winner in each category at the Star-Studded Closing Night Dinner & Gala Awards Show.
Burbank International Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from Burbank International Film Festival.
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline by April 31st, 2022.
2. Entrants will upload an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration.
3. Three 300 X 300 DPI high resolution production stills or screen captures taken from your film. A log-line and short (1-2 sentence) synopsis along with the directors full name, biography and contact information with a phone number and email address. Please note
if your film will be any kind of Festival Premiere: World, US, West Coast or Los Angeles. We don't consider a private screening a Premiere.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled, unless special arrangements have been made with the festival.
5. Student submissions and Los Angeles County Student Filmmakers must include proof of student status with the submission (i.e. copy of current and valid student I.D.) or their film will not qualify as either a student film or LA County Student Film and could be disqualified.
6. All films screened at the Burbank International Film Festival must be in a DCP format, conducive with the parameters agreed to with the Burbank AMC 16 Theatres. If the filmmakers do not have a DCP screening copy, it can be converted by our festival partners for a nominal fee. Films selected for screening at the festival must also adhere to specific audio and video specifications. Sound levels need to be at the industry standard for theatrical DCP release. Films that do not comply with these requests may be dropped from the festival. Any questions regarding these guidelines should be addressed to the festival before submission.
8. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in BIFF trailers, publicity and promotions.
9. The individual, company or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized for the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. Any film that is an official BIFF selection is not guaranteed to screen at the festival. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Burbank International Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the films screened or entered.
10. Exceptions to the festival regulations and guidelines must be authorized by the Festival Director.
Response from festival:
Hello Daria, you're right, we do not usually do Q&A's at our festival. We feel that it's more important to screen and showcase as many filmmakers projects as possible, which is why we were able to screen over 180 films in just four days. I'm sure you'd much rather have your film accepted and screened, as apposed to another filmmaker talking about which camera they used. Also, we have parties and fundraisers throughout the year, if you'd prefer not to receive them, you can simply unsubscribe from the e-list at the bottom of the page. On a personal note, I'm sorry that your experience was disappointing. We work tirelessly all year-round to provide the best experience possible for everyone. If you decide to submit in the future, as a courtesy, I'd be happy to wave the submission fee for you. You're an excellent filmmaker which is why your film was accepted. Best wishes.