Burbank, California is the Media Capital of the World, and it's here that Hollywood filmmaking first began. The Burbank International Film Festival's primary mission is to maintain that enduring creative spirit and promote up-and-coming artists by opening a gateway to expand their careers in the center of the entertainment industry. We're committed to providing a unique filmmaker & film festival experience few can offer.
In that mission, BIFF attracts and welcomes Film Distributors looking for motion pictures to market and sell throughout the world. Distributors need films for theatrical, DVD, VOD, internet streaming and other online worldwide distribution platforms. We pride ourselves on being able to put festival filmmakers in direct contact with distributors looking for fresh content and have successfully secured distribution deals for many of the festival films.
BIFF also honors Industry Icons in the world of film, music and art. They have included Actor Beau Bridges (THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS); Writer/Director Shane Black (IRON MAN 3); Writer/Director Garry Marshall (PRETTY WOMAN); Award-Winning Actor John Savage (DEER HUNTER); Academy Award-winning Make-up Artist Stan Winston (TERMINATOR 2 & 3); Creature and Concept Designer Neville Page (AVATAR); Academy Award-winning Animation Directors Brenda Chapman (BRAVE) and Jennifer Yuh Nelson (KUNG FU PANDA 2 & 3); Award-Winning Composer Marco Beltrami (A QUIET PLACE, WORLD WAR Z); and Screenwriters Lowell Ganz & Babaloo Mandell (A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN) to name a few.
Burbank comprises the world's best studios and production houses which include Warner Brothers, Disney, The Burbank Studios, Universal Pictures, ABC, NBC, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network among others. The Burbank International Film Festival captures its home city's rich history and movie making magic by showcasing original cinematic art from around the globe. BIFF also continues to introduce new award categories to keep its festival at the forefront of the industry.
The fourteenth annual Burbank International Film Festival begins with an Opening Night Ceremony, Featured films and Gala Reception. The four-day festival includes film screenings, Q&A's featuring celebrities and industry professionals, red carpet receptions, parties and special events that will culminate with the Closing Night Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony on the final day. We shine a light on the unknown artist of today, helping them become the celebrated filmmakers of tomorrow.
A beautiful 12" tall custom-designed crystal-based BIFF Award is presented to the winner in each category at the Star-Studded Closing Night Dinner & Gala Awards Show.
Burbank International Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from Burbank International Film Festival.
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline of April 30th, 2022.
2. Entrants will upload an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration.
3. Three 300 X 300 DPI high resolution production stills or screen captures taken from your film. A log-line and short (1-2 sentence) synopsis along with the director's full name, biography and contact information with a phone number and email address. Please note
if your film will be any kind of Festival Premiere: World, US, West Coast or Los Angeles. We don't consider a private screening a Premiere.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled, unless special arrangements have been made with the festival.
5. Student submissions and Los Angeles County Student Filmmakers must include proof of student status with the submission (i.e. copy of current and valid student I.D.) or their film will not qualify as either a student film or LA County Student Film and could be disqualified.
6. All films screened at the Burbank International Film Festival must be in a DCP format, conducive with the parameters agreed to with the Burbank AMC 16 Theatres. If the filmmakers do not have a DCP screening copy, it can be converted by our festival partners for a nominal fee. Films selected for screening at the festival must also adhere to specific audio and video specifications. Sound levels need to be at the industry standard for theatrical DCP release. Films that do not comply with these requests may be dropped from the festival. Any questions regarding these guidelines should be addressed to the festival before submission.
8. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in BIFF trailers, publicity and promotions.
9. The individual, company or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized for the film screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. Any film that is an official BIFF selection is not guaranteed to screen at the festival. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Burbank International Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the films screened or entered.
10. Exceptions to the festival regulations and guidelines must be authorized by the Festival's Board of Directors.
Response from festival:
Hello Daria, you're right, we do not usually do Q&A's at our festival. We feel that it's more important to screen and showcase as many filmmakers projects as possible, which is why we were able to screen over 180 films in just four days. I'm sure you'd much rather have your film accepted and screened, as apposed to another filmmaker talking about which camera they used. Also, we have parties and fundraisers throughout the year, if you'd prefer not to receive them, you can simply unsubscribe from the e-list at the bottom of the page. On a personal note, I'm sorry that your experience was disappointing. We work tirelessly all year-round to provide the best experience possible for everyone. If you decide to submit in the future, as a courtesy, I'd be happy to wave the submission fee for you. You're an excellent filmmaker which is why your film was accepted. Best wishes.