Our 3rd Annual Brooklyn Shorty Virtual Film Festival will take place Online in a Virtual Festival on New Year Day. We will be highlighting the best in short films and young talent that is on the rise.
We will screen 30 movies. Host Workshops, Twitter Pitch & Network Parties, Forums and Filmmaker's Q& A's. We will allow the viewers to choose their favorites.
(PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC: the below dates, and deadlines are subject to change. All onsite events will follow all Covid-19 safety procedures according to the CDC protocol.)
Our finale will be, the 2nd Annual BK Shorty Award Show at a Drive In Movie in Brooklyn on Labor Day Weekend 2022.
Matty Rich from Straight Out of Brooklyn, Kadeem Hardison from A Different World and Disney's K.C. Undercover and several other seasoned Brooklyn Bred celebrities and native creatives are invited to present and highlight their career.
We are now accepting submissions.
We accept films of all genres, min 5 minutes - max. 50 minutes long
(for the Short Film Category)
Brooklyn Shorty Film Festival is organized by Keep It Moving Studios, an international production company run by a collective of independent filmmakers, producers and marketing professionals. Our mission is to create a virtual film festivals that support independent filmmakers in telling their stories and giving them a platform so that they can be seen and heard. To provide support through network building and by sharing information that will enhance their abilities, their stories and their lives.
We connect talented writers with production companies, agencies, and managers. we focus specifically on finding the next generation of writers, great industry representation, and exposure that supports their natural talents and unique voices.
We offer our finalist, wrap around services that include, script coverage, writer development and widespread circulation of films and scripts, access to top execs worldwide as well as the proper guidance for career advancement.
One Short Script, each year, will get the opportunity to have their Script produced by our Production Team @ K.I.M.STUDIOS
Awards & Prizes
» Official Selection – All films nominated for an award and selected for screening will be notified on the Notification Date.
Screening materials will be requested and more information about the event will be provided. Winners will receive their awards at the Award Show.
There will be 9 Shorty Awards Winners:
Best Screenplay, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Wardrobe, Best Cinematography, Best Animation, Best Documentary, Best Web Series, Best TV Pilot.
2 Specialty Awards:
Creative Native Lifetime Achievement Award
John D. McFadden, Sr. Young Filmmakers Award
Audience Choice Award for Best Short Film
Each Award recipient will receive a generous swag bag of career enhancing items worth over $2,000 and a Professional Membership and Mentoring for 1 year with K.I.M.Studios.
6 Screenwriter Awards for the Winners of our Screenwriting Contest
TV Pilot Comedy
TV Pilot Drama
Web Series Comedy
Web Series Drama
Each winner will receives:
FINAL DRAFT 11 digital download, scholarships and mentoring and a detailed script analysis report.
1st Place Winner: over $1000 in cash and prizes
Screenwriter's U Script Class
2nd Place Winner: $750 in cash and prizes
Screenwriter's U Script Class
3rd Place Winner: $500 in cash and prizes
3 Honorable Mentions: will receive Final Draft V. 11
(new prizes added every month until final deadline)
1 Script will be considered for producing into a film.
Rules & Terms
Film Submissions Guidelines:
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must have been made in or after 2010.
- Filmmakers are responsible for copyright of their intellectual property.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience.
and promote clips from your film on social media.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
- We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
- We cannot provide refunds.
- By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
Screenplay Submissions Guidelines:
- Cover page should include the title, logline and genre
- Co-writers are allowed. List each writer's name when registering your script.
- PDF highly preferred.
- Script should be a 5-50 page screenplay, teleplay, documentary or web-series.
- All genres are allowed.
- No limit on the number of entries. Each entry is a separate fee.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed (i.e., you can enter other contests with the same script).
- All rights to the material remain with the entrant, whether they place as a finalist or not.
- The script entered must not have been produced in its full form.
- Electronic submissions only.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry.
FOR SUBMISSION TO SCRIPT CONTEST GO TO OFFICIAL WEBSITE @ www.bkshortyfilmfest.com