The 6th Annual Bright Ideas Film Festival is back and as a LIVE EVENT at the ORINDA THEATER!
We are excited to announce that on December 14th, we will host a showcase of short films, accompanied by a Q&A with the filmmakers.
Submissions $15, Student Submissions: $10
Tickets for the event will be sold online and at the door. (More Info on Event Coming Soon)
TROPHIES will be presented to the winner of each category.
The Bright Ideas Film Festival was created to give filmmakers a place to celebrate their hard work with family, friends, and others who appreciate the art of filmmaking.
In a continued effort to celebrate the filmmakers, TROPHIES will be presented to the winner of each category
*Best in Festival
*Audience Choice Award
*Best Comedic Performance
*Best Dramatic Performance
*Best Sound Design
1) Submissions may be no longer than 15 minutes.
2) Any genre will be considered for screening.
3) Submitting a film does not guarantee acceptance into the screening. All submitting filmmakers will be notified of their status by Sunday, December 5th, 2021.
4) Submissions must be suitable for a general audience. No extreme gore or sexual content.
5) Professional submission fee is $15
Student submission fee is $10
6) To enter as a student, the submission must have been created while attending school (college or high school.) It does not need to have been made for a school assignment. The filmmaker can currently be graduated, as long as the film was created while they were a student.
7) Filmmakers can submit multiple projects, but only one film per director will be selected to screen. Projects can share producers, cast, or other crew.
9) There will be no refunds on submissions fees.
10) The Awards for each category will be voted on by our judges prior to the event, except for the Audience Choice which will be chosen by the attendees of the festival.