The 5th Annual Bright Ideas Film Festival will be held ONLINE this year!
We are excited to announce that on December 12th, we will host three virtual showcases of short films, accompanied by a video call with filmmakers and audience members.
Submissions $5, Student Submissions: $3
A CASH prize will be presented to BEST IN FESTIVAL and AUDIENCE CHOICE.
10 am (PST) - INTERNATIONAL / OUT OF STATE FILMS
3 pm (PST) - FAMILY FRIENDLY
7 pm (PST) - CALIFORNIA FILMMAKERS
The Bright Ideas Film Festival exists to give filmmakers a place to celebrate their hard work with family, friends, and others who also appreciate the art of filmmaking.
In a continued effort to celebrate the filmmakers, awards will be presented for...
*Best in Festival (CASH PRIZE)
*Audience Choice Award (CASH PRIZE)
*Best Comedic Performance
*Best Dramatic Performance
*Best Sound Design
1) Submissions may be no longer than 15 minutes.
2) Any genre will be considered for screening.
3) Submitting a film does not guarantee acceptance into the screening. All submitting filmmakers will be notified of their status by December 6th, 2020.
4) Submissions must be suitable for a general audience. No extreme gore or sexual content.
5) Professional submission fee is $5
Student submission fee is $3
6) To enter as a student, the submission must have been created while attending school (college or high school.) It does not need to have been made for a school assignment. The filmmaker can currently be graduated, as long as the film was created while they were a student.
7) Filmmakers can submit multiple projects, but only one film per director will be selected to screen. Projects can share producers, cast, or other crew.
9) There will be no refunds on submissions fees.
10) The Awards for each category will be voted on by our judges prior to the event, except for the Audience Choice which will be chosen by the attendees of the festival.