Boogie Dayz Music, Food, and Film Festival is an International celebration of creativity that combines independent bands and independent films in a festival of fun. There will be shopping opportunities, food trucks, and a family friendly atmosphere that combines a world of artistic fun.
- Entries selected for the festival will receive a digital laurel to share on their film.
- Award Winners will be screened during the Judges' Circle screening in person. Award winners receive ten tickets to the festival
Boogie Dayz Festival is an exposition of independent filmmakers and musicians.
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2019.
- Films can be comedy shorts, animated films, or music videos that are 15 minutes or less
- Films that are not in English must include English subtitles.
- All submissions for consideration must be made available via a private online screener link (no physical screeners will be accepted or viewed). Judges cannot screen films on Google Drive. Judges must be able to enter the password and view directly from Film Freeway.
- Films are being screened for general public viewing. This means that films should be rated nothing more than a PG13 rating.
- Films with nudity or depicting sexual assault will be disqualified.
- All film entries must be submitted no later than September 1, 2022.
- All film entries must include a film poster and an overview of the plot on the Film Freeway platform.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Submit your film and pay the entry fees into the festival.
2. The Film is screened for completeness by the first judge. They will check for inclusion of all parts of the entry (poster, trailer, overview, film link) and for content. If the film submission is accepted as complete by the first judge, the film will be marked as selected. This means that the film will move on to the next tier of judging.
3. Judging is categorized by a variety of flags. Judges are assigned to judge films by category. When a judge screens a film, they can vote on whether they believe the film meets the criteria to become either an in person or extended festival entry. If they believe the film meets this criteria, the film will be marked as a "Nominee" and it will move to the next tier of judging. If a film does not move forward in judging they will remain as a "Film Selection." If your film is chosen as a "Quarterfinalist" in this round, it will be screened either in person or virtually. Quarterfinalist films will become either a "Semifinalist" or "Finalist" during the next round of judging.
4. In the next tier of judging, films are categorized as "Honorable Mention", "Semifinalist", or "Finalist." For films listed as "Honorable Mention" they are no longer being considered for screening.
5. "Finalist" films will be considered to become "Award Winners." The . "Award Winner" films will be screened during the Judges' Circle event. Award Winners are also given a trophy.