The Boise Film Festival (BFF) supports and promotes film arts within the local community as well as for filmmakers and their audiences worldwide. Through the production of our annual film festival, year-round events and educational activities, BFF engages the entire community in the appreciation of the film arts.
Now in its fourth year, BFF celebrates innovative and original filmmaking for the Treasure Valley Community in one of the most thought provoking, entertaining, fun-filled, educational film festivals in Idaho.
The Festival is proud to not only showcase new creative talents, but also to provide an interactive experience where filmmakers and community can come together to share their art and ideas. BFF supports the growth of our local film economy by connecting our state to independent artists from around the world.
Full access festival passes; VIP event entrance; hotel discounts and perks will be available to all filmmakers who are screened at the festival.
BFF2017 awarded the following:
Best Short Film
Best Youth Film
Best Idaho Film ("The Hot Potato")
BFF2018 will see the additional recognition for: LGBTQ+ films, Comedy Shorts, Horror Shorts, and VR/AR Category.
1. Please make sure to read all of the festival rules as well as the terms and conditions. If you have any further questions, please visit our FAQ page: http://www.boisefilmfestival.org/faq/.
2. Entries must postmarked by the deadline date of the entry period in which a film was submitted. (For example, if you submit a film on the early deadline date, the film must also be postmarked and sent on that date.)
3. All works can be submitted as an online screener (Vimeo preferred) or on DVD (region 1 or 0) for pre-screening.
4. Screeners will be returned with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
5. Eligible work must have been completed by the date listed in the category requirements. Premiere requirement is mandatory. Film must not have been screened previously in Idaho. BFF must be able to market your project with premiere status.
6. Works in progress WILL be accepted for submission. Please include information as to what still needs to be completed (color correction, score, etc.) with the submitted DVD.
7. If you want to replace your original submission with an upgraded version, you must submit a new DVD clearly labeled with the entry number and "Replacement Copy". Any judging that was done with the original submission will not be discarded. Any future judging will be done with the new copy.
8. The Boise Film Festival does not present sponsored works (such as training films or commercials produced for a client). Only independently produced films and videos are appropriate for this competition. Artists must have final creative control over their work to be eligible.
9. The Boise Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
10. All works selected must be available by three (3) months prior to that year's Festival date for inclusion in the Festival.
11. We encourage you to ship everything in paper sleeves.
Hey look - more fun reading! But we think we covered it all above. Read at your own will!
The Boise Film Festival, and its agents, reserves the right to determine eligibility of any project submitted. • Features currently available to the public on the internet, DVD, Blu-ray, VOD, that have had significant television play, or currently in wide theatrical release will not accepted. • For purposes of submission, all preview copies must be submitted electronically through FilmFreeway, or on DVD and marked with title, running time, format and contact information clearly written [Please include FilmFreeway tracking number on all submitted materials]. Or send DVD to BFF at P.O. Box 6641, Boise, ID 83707 • All submitted materials become the property of the Boise Film Festival and will not be returned. • By signing this document, you acknowledge the Boise Film Festival’s right to copy any submitted material, and to utilize your performance and image for the Boise Film Festival’s non-commercial use. • This film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by litigation. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Boise Film Festival and its Competition, if applicable. •The Boise Film Festival will not be held responsible for any inclusion of uncleared materials in your film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. • I hold The Boise Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print in route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film and agree to provide the Boise International Film Festival a print, DVD or copy of the film at my own risk and/or provide my own insurance to cover loss and/or damage of the print. •Awards: Should this film win an award for any of the categories listed on this submission form at the Boise International Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to receive any awards. •I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submission videos, nor materials will be returned whether or not my film is accepted. •I understand/agree that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew. •I understand/agree that the cost of shipping an incoming print to the festival must be paid by the entrant or previous festival. •I understand/agree that the number of screenings, days and venues is at the sole discretion of the Boise Film Festival. •I understand/agree that if my film is accepted by Boise Film Festival, its screenings and associated events may be sponsored by Festival partners. •All information included on this submission application will be utilized in the program guide and the website. Any corrections must be received in writing three (3) months prior to the date of that year's Festival. Changes will not be made after this date. The Boise Film Festival will not be responsible for handwritten interpretations or typos. •The Boise Film Festival reserves the right to change screening times and locations at their discretion. The Boise Film Festival reserves the right to change category awards if not enough submissions are entered in a given category. •Should your film be acquired by a distribution company and be ineligible for screening during the Boise Film Festival, we must be notified no later than three (3) months prior to that year's Festival date. THE FESTIVAL IS A REGISTERED IDAHO NON-PROFIT AND WILL NOT PAY SCREENING FEES OF ANY KIND IN ANY AMOUNT. NO EXCEPTIONS.