Blue Draft Screenwriting Contest is an annual event dedicated to discovering new screenwriting talent from around the world and providing them with the opportunity to see their projects come to fruition.
The winning script will be offered a production deal and the possibility of having their project produced by a team of professional filmmakers. All submitted scripts will receive written feedback from the contest judges.
We are looking to help writers with an original voice bring their ideas out of the page and into the screen, so writers from all countries and nationalities are welcome to submit. Writers with a diverse background are strongly encouraged to apply. All scripts must be in English and should be no longer than 15 minutes. The contest is open to those who are eighteen years of age or older as of Jan 1, 2021.
Submission and Notification Deadlines:
February 1 - June 30: Early Bird Registration.
July 1 - September 30: Regular Registration.
October 1 - November 30: Late Registration.
January 15: Notification Date - Short Film Contest Winners.
General Submission Guidelines:
- All contest submission must be an original creation.
- Scripts must be written in English.
- Eligible scripts must be new and never produced or distributed before, in any format.
- Scripts should be formatted at size 12 Courier and be uploaded in .pdf (preferred), .doc or .txt format. Make sure the number of pages in your scripts reflects your category's specs.
- If a script is optioned or purchased during the competition it will no longer be eligible for the awards. Entry fees will not be refunded. The script must be the writers original work and they must own all copyright.