Blink is an online film festival for cinema lovers from the Global South, especially those who live in places where there are no movie houses or film production facilities, those who watch and make films on tablets, laptops and mobile phones. The festival will be a springboard for sharing good film stories with wide audiences everywhere, and a platform for expressing alternative voices that have something to say about the status of our world today.
Blink seeks to recognize and shed light on talented filmmakers who come from the Global South, and who are not necessarily academically qualified nor are working professionally in film industries. An independent jury will select the films that will be screened in Blink on the basis of their artistic merit.
The festival will have two main sections:
24 short (less than 10 minutes) and long (more than 10 minutes) documentary and fiction films will be selected for online screening over 2 days: 24 and 25 November 2022. All films will be featured in a digital festival catalogue that will be published before the festival.
12 documentary and fiction films are selected from the Long Take section to compete for the best long and short films awards to win 4 prizes: best short documentary, best long documentary, best short fiction film and best long fiction film.
The awards are decided by two international juries of 3 members each, and consist of a monetary prize of 2000 euro and the festival’s trophy: The Eye.
The winner for each category will be announced on Sunday 19 February 2023, the last day of the festival, at 4 PM GMT.
Documentary films over 15 minutes
Documentary films under 15 minutes
Fiction films over 30 minutes
Fiction films under 30 minutes
The best film in each category will receive a monetary prize of 2000 EUR
Audience prize: The audience will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite film in two categories:
Best Documentary Film
Best Fiction Film
The film that will get the highest number of “likes” on the festival's website will be awarded a monetary prize of 500 euros.
- The production date should be after January 2020
- Director must be from a global South country regardless of their current place of residence
- Director must be under 35 years old
- The films must include English subtitles
- The film must be submitted in Full HD 1080p
- Upon submission, you agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purposes.
- Upon submission and selection, you agree to the streaming of your film on Action for Hope and Landscapes of Hope social media platforms for one month after the festival.