Each October for 20 years, Black Bear Film Festival attracts thousands of film lovers, filmmakers, and outdoor enthusiasts to our beautiful Delaware River communities in the PA/NY/NJ tri-state area. Our mission is to entertain, educate, inspire and celebrate our community with great film events. We honor talented directors, producers, screenwriters, actors, and others who make films locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
1.Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), a password-protected streaming URL, or on BluRay DVD with NTSC formatting (please test before sending).
3. Films must have been completed after April 1, 2018. Films must be available for screening during the Black Bear Film Festival, October 18-20, 2019.
4. Films that have been submitted to BBFF in previous years are eligible to be resubmitted, provided they are eligible according to all of BBFF’s current rules.
5. Films with US distribution (obtained prior to being selected for BBFF screening) or films produced, financed or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition, but may be considered for a special screening. Selection for screening will be determined no later than one month before the festival.
6. Short films that are publicly available online before BBFF may be considered for exhibition during the Festival, but will be ineligible for Jury Awards. We prefer that shorts not be publicly available online.
7. BBFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. BBFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by BBFF in connection with the dispute.
BBFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by BBFF or by its volunteers.