Sick ’n’ Wrong is now BizarroLand! Get the whole story here: https://fb.watch/aoBMm6zuZI/
BizarroLand is a delirious celebration of cinematic weirdness. Steaming gouts of body fluids, pitch-black gallows humor, and skin-crawling awkwardness are all trademarks of BizarroLand movies. BizarroLand isn’t a genre, though; any movie that disturbs the audience on an existential level is welcome. Shorts, features, docs, animations, music videos—anything goes, so long as the viewer walks away thinking, “What the f#@k did I just watch?!”
BizarroLand lives in Orlando, Florida. The 2022 festival will comprise both a live and an online component featuring completely different lineups.
THE REPRESENTATION DISCOUNT
BizarroLand offers a 25% submission discount to any film DIRECTED by any filmmaker from a historically excluded community, including but not limited to women filmmakers, Black filmmakers, Asian filmmakers, Latinx filmmakers, Indigenous filmmakers, trans filmmakers, gay filmmakers, lesbian filmmakers, bisexual filmmakers, and disabled filmmakers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or message the festival on social media to request the discount code.
Winning filmmakers will receive our beautiful “Sickie” statuettes, which were designed by Brad Bailey and are sculpted and painted by Paul and Debra Berg. Sickies will be awarded in categories celebrating performance, music, animation, and other filmmaking aspects. There will also be Sickies decided by audience votes, and two special Sickies for the films that best embody the spirit of the festival: The Golden Tentacle and The Cyber Sickie (for the BizarroLand-est film in the online program).
SUBMISSIONS CONTAINING UNSIMULATED ANIMAL HARM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
BizarroLand accepts submissions exclusively through FilmFreeway.
To be eligible for inclusion in the LIVE component of the festival:
1. The movie must have been completed AFTER December 31, 2020.
2. The movie must NOT be freely available to the public. Movies that require a rental, purchase, or subscription price to be paid (movies on Amazon, for example) ARE eligible, but movies that can be watched for free (movies on YouTube, for example) ARE NOT eligible to screen in the LIVE component of the festival.
There are no completion-date or availability requirements for movies to be included in the ONLINE festival.
BizarroLand does NOT require any premiere status for any component of the festival.
By submitting your film for consideration, you acknowledge and agree that:
1. You have read and understood all the rules and terms and do fully comply with them.
2. Your film is not subject to any litigation, nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. You possess all the necessary rights to submit your film to the festival (including the full rights to the use all of the music in the film).
4. You indemnify and hold harmless the BizarroLand Film Festival as well as its directors, judges, and sponsors and anyone affiliated with the festival of any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening film entered, or any other claim resulting from your entry.
5. You grant the BizarroLand Film Festival the right to use any still images or excerpts from the film, as well as any titles, written copy, and/or other information included with the film submission, for promotional purposes for the duration of the festival year as well as the future. (You may rescind permission for inclusion in future years’ promotion at any time by contacting the festival director.)
6. You give permission for the BizarroLand Film Festival to screen the film at the 2022 BizarroLand Film Festival or any promotional or press events leading up to the 2022 BizarroLand Film Festival.